The MTV Video Music Awards shined last night and the evening wasn’t without some delicious goodness going on. Among the happenings, we have our list of the top five award show moments. Without further ado, dive in and leave us a comment afterward about what you would add to our list.
1. BeatsbyDre presented the new video “Bang Bang” Nicki Minaj, Jessie J. and Ariana Grande. Haven’t seen it? Check it out below — you’ll be glad you did. The song and video rocked the world, as evidenced by the gif Twitter party that happened using the hashtag #BangBang. (Clickie, clickie) Want a Pink Pill XL as seen in the video, you’re in luck, they have ’em at Target.
2. Queen Beyonce was there looking flawless and walked away with six awards last night, but the best part of the evening was seeing her dispel all of the divorce rumors with her husband Jay-Z. After her medley performance, Bey nuzzled up close and kissed her husband, leaving little doubt as to the state of their marriage.
3. Miley Cyrus brought a homeless guy named Jessie with her to the show – who also ended up accepting her award for her. She looked on as he made his heartfelt speech about the homeless youth in Los Angeles and she setup something on her Facebook page in order to begin helping out the cause. You can read more about that here.
4. Nicki Minaj almost had a wardrobe malfunction before her performance, but managed it was class and remained professional.
5. Katy Perry and her date/boyfriend Riff Raff paid homage to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake’s matching denim outfits from the 2001 VMAs. Britney took notice and mentioned their choice in apparel on Twitter, saying, “Just when I thought the denim dress had retired….you bring it back! You looked amazing tonight bb ;)”
What was your favorite moment from the night? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
Photo Credit: Instagram, Fame/Flynet
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Beats By Dre via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Beats By Dre.