Gambling is commonly understood as entertainment associated with material gain, the outcome of which largely depends not on the professionalism of the player, but on luck. In this case, the players, which in this environment are called gamblers, more interested in winning than in the pleasure itself. Let’s look in general terms, there are best gambling games, and talk about the most popular varieties of slots.
A Brief History of Gambling
Gambling has a very long history, which covers the whole life of a reasonable person. Scientists know that the first such entertainment were dice, which were often found in the tombs of ancient Greece, Rome, India, the Germans and others. In those days, the dice were considered the easiest way to know the will of the gods. Even before the advent of money, people were betting animals, clothing, food, even their loved ones and themselves, often ending up in slavery.
Interesting fact! It is known that gambling was completely eradicated in Sparta only through strict military training. Since dice was played all over the world, almost all nations gradually began to adopt laws prohibiting or restricting this pastime. In Rome, for example, a gambler who lost in a game of chance could demand a refund from the administrator.
Such measures were necessary to preserve the freedom of sold into slavery and to satisfy the lust for profit of the most inveterate gamblers. In some countries, however, this freedom of gambling was to some extent encouraged because it brought the city a decent income. This was the case, for example, in Germany.
Around the 15th century, card games began to be actively used to make money. And it was an even more dishonest way to make money than dice, because it was pure cheating, not random. But cheating existed freely for about hundred years, after that many countries began to prohibit it, but they didn’t manage to liquidate it completely.
Already closer to our century, in many states began to appear licensed casinos (a kind of analogue of modern casinos) for different estates: in gambling played for members of the aristocracy, and ordinary people. However, the nobility could afford to organize their own card and dice tournaments. Through many peripeteia gambling has reached our time – with varying degrees of restrictions in individual countries.
Basic Online Gambling
Online casino gambling is now a popular pastime among players from around the world. With the development of the Internet, more and more people have gained access to hundreds of different types of online casino games. The main types of online casino gambling games include slots, video poker, blackjack, craps, roulette and bingo. There are also arcade-style games, virtual sports betting and some other specialized games.
Playing at online casinos is convenient because most casinos require only a credit card and an Internet connection. Players can enjoy the same types of games as land-based casinos, including slots, video poker, blackjack, roulette and craps. Players also don’t have to leave their home to enjoy these games.
Slots are by far the most popular game at online casinos. Slots games involve spinning reels with different symbols. Slots are such a popular form of online gambling because it is easy to understand and requires no special strategy to win. They also give you the opportunity to win large jackpots.
- Video poker is yet another popular game at online casinos that can be played against the establishment as well as against other players. Many video poker games have multiple paylines, and players need to collect a certain combination of symbols to win. Video poker is also one of the best casino games in terms of player odds.
- Blackjack is a popular card game that is easy to learn. The main goal in blackjack is beating a dealer’s hand by getting the most points, not exceeding 21. Players have the option to beat or stand depending on which cards they are dealt. Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games in the world.
- Roulette the classic game that can be found in online casinos. In this game, the players bet on where the ball on the spinning wheel will land. Several different versions exist, including European roulette, French roulette, and American roulette.
- Craps is a popular game at online casinos. There are three main types of craps games: craps, sic bo and keno. Players place bets on whether or not they will be able to make a die roll. This is a fast and exciting game.
- Bingo is a very popular online casino game. Players buy cards and pick up the numbers on the bingo board. The player who completes the bingo pattern first is declared the winner.
Finally, online casinos have other specialized games such as virtual sports, lottery and off-track betting. In virtual sports, players bet on the outcome of virtual sports matches. Lottery games and off-track betting are also available, which give players the opportunity to bet on live horse and greyhound races.
Overall, online casino gambling can be a great way to have fun and possibly win some money. With the advent of the Internet, many casinos now offer players a wide variety of games. Whether you are looking for slots, video poker, blackjack, roulette or bingo, you should have no trouble finding your favorite game at an online casino.
Classification of Slot Machines
In addition to the above classification by licensing criterion, slots are divided according to several other criteria.
By Inclusion Criterion
Online slots – all slots that we can find on the site; Offline slots – slots that can be found in regular casinos.
By Internal Criteria
- Mechanical – the components of such a slot machine consist of a series of gears that spin the reels;
- Video slots – a more modern and reliable option that includes a small computer. It is more difficult to cheat or program in advance.
Support for Modern Technology
Individual 2D flat-screen games in the gym or with a monitor at home – depending on where you play. Automation with 3D virtual reality glasses is a whole new experience. Right now, all the big companies are trying to go beyond the regular screen – into virtual reality. Of course, this is the technology of the future, but we should not expect it to be widespread in the near future.
Suppliers are called producers of software for online casinos. They produce licensed slot machines, pass them on to casino owners, take a percentage for each spin and make sure that winnings are distributed as randomly as possible.
In addition to creating slots, the job of the provider is to constantly improve the GCG, which is an extremely difficult task in terms of mathematics and programming. Let’s list the 4 largest and most popular providers:
- Microgaming. This is a British company that is considered to be a pioneer in the field of casino software. It has been operating since 1994. It has created such famous slot machines as Hotline and So Much Candy.
- AMATIC. This is a group of developers from Austria who founded the company in 1993. Until 2011, they produced protection for land-based slots, but then switched to the creation of online slots. The average RTP on slots is 96%. In 2015, Casino Life & Business Magazine named this company the best casino software developer.
- Evolution of Games. This company is the absolute number one in the live dealer market. They have been creating online roulette and card games with real dealers for over 15 years, which fully fits their name. What’s more, the company is certified by the most trusted casino software testing agency, eCOGRA.
- Golden Race. This provider, founded in Malta in 2006, specializes in the development of virtual sports betting software. It is certified by Gaming Laboratory International (GLI) and is the creator of the first betting software package.
Responsible casinos don’t hide whose slots they use, so always pay attention to the information about the game provider. If they don’t, the slots on the site are probably fake and you will lose 100% of your money on them. Even if such a site has free slot machines with a demo mode, it doesn’t mean that the casino is reliable.
Online Casino Gambling, Card Games
This type of games is the second most popular after slots and brings in about 15% of all casino revenues (compared to slot machines, which bring in about 70%). The lower popularity of card games compared to slots can be explained by their higher complexity and lower speed: cards make you think more, and games take much longer than a few spins on a slot machine. However, this entertainment also has a lot of fans who gather on specialized sites.
You can install entire casino apps on your phone. Typically, large casinos are aware of the importance of mobile traffic and therefore provide their own apps. You can play slots, roulette, video poker and more, as well as make deposits and withdrawals directly from your phone.
In addition, we can recommend Slots – Pharaoh’s Way, an Egyptian-inspired app, which is one of the slots where you can earn real money.
If you feel like playing for free, you can play in demo mode or, say, a casino simulator on your phone: say, the rather old but still functional Fruit Machine Deluxe, which perfectly restores the aesthetics of the old mechanical devices.
Also, we recommend the PokerStars Poker app from the legendary poker community, where you can not only improve your analytical and intellectual abilities in current games, but also prepare hard for championships.
Online casino gambling can be a great way to have fun and possibly win some money. With the advent of the Internet, many casinos now offer players a wide variety of games. Whether you are looking for slots, video poker, blackjack, roulette or bingo, you should have no trouble finding your favorite game at an online casino.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose a Gambling Game at the Online Casino?
If you have no skills in card games, roulette and slot machines, we recommend choosing slots for beginners. They have a demo mode, which live card games do not have. You can play them without registering or spending any money. You also have the opportunity to learn how to play and practice video poker and then play with real people. If you don’t gamble, you have nothing to lose.
Are Slot Machines Legal in the United States?
Yes, but casinos in the U.S. are controlled by law. If a casino has a license, it can legally play online.
What Are Bonus Rounds and How Do They Work?
These are additional rounds that players sometimes encounter. Usually, their conditions are very different from normal gameplay: you may be asked to spin the gift wheel, open boxes in the right order, or avoid obstacles in your character’s path. You can complete the bonus round in a variety of ways, but if done correctly, you will always be rewarded more than with a regular spin.