Archive for the ‘ABC’ Category

Former ‘Bachelor’ and ‘Bachelor Pad’ star Gia Allemand in critical condition!

Former ‘Bachelor’ star Gia Allemand was rushed to the hospital in New Orleans last night and according to sources, she’s in critical condition.

The 29-year-old star “was taken to University Hospital, New Orleans last night following a serious emergency medical event,” her rep said in a statement.

The reason she was rushed to the hospital is “currently not known.”

“On behalf of the family, we kindly ask for privacy at this time,” her rep said.

Hopefully it’s nothing serious!

Posted Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 at 2:14pm
Filed under ABC | 2 Comments

Paula Deen turns down ‘Dancing With the Stars’ offer

Cheryl Burke Wants Paula Deen For Dancing With The Stars

Paula Deen may be hurting, but she’s not desperate enough to do ‘Dancing With the Stars.’ According to US Weekly, Paula, 66, turned down an offer to dance on the ABC hit.

“The dance floor is not the appropriate forum for her,” explains a Deen source. (The Paula’s Best Dishes host was dropped by the Food Network in June after she admitted to once using the N-word during a videotaped deposition. The Southern star has also lost multiple endorsement deals.)

Dancing With the Stars co-host Tom Bergeron, for one, would love for Deen to reconsider. “We’ve seen career resurgences after the show,” he tells Us. “People go, ‘I remember why I love that person!’”

I actually think it might have been a smart move for her if she HAD done it! It seems to put life in people’s careers. I mean look at Kirstie Alley! (I guess she’s a kinda/sorta success story.)

Source

Posted Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 at 3:15pm
Filed under ABC, DWTS | 4 Comments


IT’S OFFICIAL! The new Bachelor is………….

Juan Pablo Galavis!

Desiree Hartsock sent him packing in episode six of this season of the Bachelorette, and now Juan is getting his second chance at love on ABC. Beginning in January 2014, it will be Juan’s turn to hand out roses!

“It was hard to make the decision. It’s a great responsibility, because I’m going to find, hopefully, the person who’s going to be with me and my daughter,” Juan Pablo said after Chris Harrison made the big announcement.

The 32-year-old former soccer stud — who has a 4-year-old daughter, Camila, from a previous relationship — earned an early following this season thanks to his sexy accent, easy charm, and doting dad act. (Des has said his exit resulted in the most “hate mail” from viewers.)

“In the history of this show, no guy has made a greater impact with less screen time than our soccer-playing single dad,” Harrison said of the Bachelor-to-be during the “Men Tell All” special earlier this season, where audience members showed their love for him with homemade “Juan Pablo” T-shirts. “He’s the fan favorite we barely got to know!”

Viewers will certainly get to know him more next season, when he begins anew his search for love. “Right now, I am almost 32 years old. I really want a family,” he shared on “Men Tell All,” adding that he would like to “settle down and have a wife and two more kids.”

I didn’t watch Desiree’s season of The Bachelorette (I cannot STAND that show!) so I didn’t get to see Juan Pablo. Did you watch? Will he make a good Bachelor?

Source

Posted Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 at 7:07am
Filed under ABC, The Bachelor | No Comments

Report: Jenny McCarthy in serious talks to replace Joy Behar on ‘The View’

There’s a rumor going around right now that Jenny McCarthy is being pursued by ABC to replace Joy Behar on ‘The View.’ Jenny is currently the host and executive producer of her own talk show, ‘The Jenny McCarthy Show’ on VH1, which has only been on air since December. I haven’t seen it – and honestly – I haven’t heard a thing about it since it debuted…so I’m thinking not many people are watching it. If the chance came to host ‘The View,’ she’d probably take it in a hot minute!

Joy Behar is reportedly set to leave the hit morning talk show in August after co-hosting it for sixteen seasons.

Make room on the couch! Frequent View guest cohost Jenny McCarthy may be joining the ABC morning talk show full-time.

“She is in serious talks right now,” an insider tells Us Weekly of the star, 40, who is currently hosting her own low-rated chatfest on VH1. “Her show isn’t quite working out, so she’s definitely open to it.”

The sassy single mom would replace Joy Behar, 70, when the comedian moves on in August, reveals another source. “The cast and crew get a kick out of Jenny,” adds a set source. “She’s a good fit. She may not be able to carry a show, but she works well with a group ensemble.”

A third insider adds Brooke Shields, 48, is also in talks to replace Elisabeth Hasselbeck, 36, come fall. Us exclusively revealed in March that Hasselbeck will not be returning as a cohost, but she has yet to confirm the news.

In addition to Behar announcing her departure from the show, Barbara Walters revealed in May that she plans to retire in summer 2014.

I wonder if the show will continue to be as successful as it has been if Joy, Elisabeth and Barbara all leave. If they do, it will almost be a completely different show! Do people watch ‘The View’ for it’s hosts – or for the guests?

I can see why they’d want to go with Jenny. She’s energetic, opinionated and loud. She would certainly spice things up a bit. I personally can’t stand her – she’s just way too much of everything – for me. I can see her getting on the show and making idiotic faces, and sticking out her tongue. I wonder if she can act like an adult for a full hour.

Source

 

Posted Monday, July 8th, 2013 at 6:06am
Filed under ABC, Jenny McCarthy | No Comments


Follow ICYDK