He’s come a long way since The Mummy!
Dwayne Johnson just topped the Forbes highest paid actor list, commanding $64.5 million between June 2015 and June 2016. Now, that seems like a lot of money but the surprising thing is that the dude more than doubled his earnings from the previous year, bumping the previous three years’ winner, Robert Downey Jr, from the top of the list. JohnsonÃ¢â¬â¢s earnings came from his roles in the Ã¢â¬ÅFast & FuriousÃ¢â¬Â franchise, the disaster movie Ã¢â¬ÅSan Andreas,Ã¢â¬Â and his HBO series Ã¢â¬ÅBallers,Ã¢â¬Â as well asÃÂ upfront fees for Ã¢â¬ÅFast 8Ã¢â¬Â and the Ã¢â¬ÅBaywatchÃ¢â¬Â movie. It’s a good year for the Rock, isn’t it?
Also, his twitter response was adorable:
Ã¢â¬ÅWant to say two things about this,Ã¢â¬Â Johnson tweeted about the news. Ã¢â¬ÅI started w/ $7 bucks. If I can overcome, so can you. Waffle House on me!!Ã¢â¬Â
As you know, Jennifer Lawrence topped the list for women, but the depressing thing is that the lists between men and women suggest women over 40 earn less than men at the same age. In fact, 95 percent of the top-earning actorsÃÂ are over 40, compared to half of the actresses.
HereÃ¢â¬â¢s the list of the 20ÃÂ highest-paid actors:
1. Dwayne Johnson Ã¢â¬â $64,500,000
2. Jackie Chan Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $61,000,000
3. Matt Damon Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $55,000,000
4. Tom Cruise Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $53,000,000
5. Johnny Depp Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $48,000,000
6. Ben Affleck Ã¢â¬â $43,000,000
7. Vin Diesel Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $35,000,000
8. Shah Rukh Khan Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $33,000,000
9. Robert Downey Jr. Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $33,000,000
10. Akshay Kumar Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $31,500,000
11. Brad Pitt Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $31,500,000
12. Adam Sandler Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $30,000,000
13. Mark Wahlberg Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $30,000,000
14. Salman Kahn Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $28,500,000
15. Leonardo DiCaprio Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $27,000,000
16. Chris Pratt Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $26,000,000
17. Will Smith Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $20,500,000
18. Amitabh Bachchan Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $20,000,000
19. Matthew McConaughey Ã¢â¬âÃÂ $18,000,000
20. Harrison Ford Ã¢â¬â $15,000,000
Do you think Johnson will top the list next year?! Weigh in below!