Kendall Jenner: “I’m constantly criticized for being too skinny.”

Kendall Jenner is on the cover of Haper’s Bazaar Arabia April issue.

In the issue she discusses how being called skinny is as hurtful and being called fat.

She also talks about her relationships with her sisters and each one plays a special role when it comes to advice.

The 17-year-old model tells the magazine, “I’m constantly criticized for being too skinny,” revealing, “I’m trying to gain weight but my body won’t let it happen.”

Jenner adds, “What people don’t understand is that calling someone too skinny is the same as calling someone too fat. It’s not a nice feeling.”

As for her big sisters, the reality star shares, “I go to them for different things. Khloe is like my second mom, so whenever my little sister [Kylie] and I are fighting or we’re fighting with our parents, we call Khloe.”

Jenner notes, “Kourtney is very realistic with things. She will tell you the cold, hard truth, even if it will make you cry, so whatever you’re dealing with, if you want to talk to her, she’ll be very realistic.

“Kim is supersmart and really tech-savvy, too,” says the star, who adds, “She’s been through a lot, so we can go to Kim with anything and she’ll have literally the best advice.”

Jenner also speaks out against rumors that momager Kris dictates her career entirely.

She tells the mag, “I’ve always had a say in what I do,” explaining that her mom does ”push” her, but adds, “I’ve always, always had a say and ultimately it’s my decision.”

What do you think of Kendall’s interview?

Do you agree that being called too skinny is as hurtful as being called fat?

Source Photos: Fame/Flynet

Tags:

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 at 10:10am
Filed under Kendall Jenner | 12 Comments

Comments

Comments

March 27th, 2013 at 10:37 am

I agree with her 110%! It’s just as hurtful being called “too skinny”. I’m in my 30′s now and till this day I can’t gain weight, yet people assume I “starve” myself. Or I am called “skinny bitch”, like really?!?! But let me talk to a “big” person that way, god forbid that!!! So I totally agree with her.

March 27th, 2013 at 11:23 am

My sister is skinny and she is the first to tell you that she is sick and tired of people telling her she is too skinny. She eats, she can’t gain weight and her response is I don’t go around telling people they are too fat – so please quite telling me I’m skinny.

March 27th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

People that call you too skinny are the ones who probably need to lose a few pounds, but instead of admitting to their faults, they try to put down others. Meanwhile this girl is a model, and whoever calls her too skinny is a secretary sitting behind a computer screen stuffing her face with donuts. lol

March 27th, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I agree with her. I’m 24 and only weigh 94 pounds. I’ve been trying to gain weight for over a year now – I constantly eat but my body does not respond. And all I hear is “you look like you have an illness” or ” you have the body of a 12 year old…” It’s definitely hurtful.

March 27th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Ladies, please don’t try to gain weight! Seriously! Just eat healthy and go to the gym. Everyone gains a little weight with age, don’t force it. Like I said before, people who say those things are usually the ones that need to lose a few pounds.

March 27th, 2013 at 3:47 pm

You are absolutely a moron Hollywood. It is possible for people to be “too skinny” because the body needs a certain percentage of fat to be able to survive and protect itself. Before you dust off your favorite argument, no, I am not a secretary eating doughnuts. I’m an EMS who knows that there are just as many if not more health risks associated with weighing too little.

March 27th, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I have been larger build and have been called fat as a teenager however I have been by my BMI a normal weight all my life. I would never call someone too skinny. I agree this is hurtful. I have many friend who get the too skinny comments and I get really annoyed. I think society is getting such a unreal view of what is normal including what is normal portion sizes and what is a normal weight. Skinny is not necessarily unhealthy, not all thin women have eating disorders. To me Kendall looks the right weight for her frame and body type but the truth is her weight or anyone else’s is not my business! Where has the sisterhood gone? Why are women always critiquing and attacking each other?

March 27th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Being called “too skinny” is NOT the same as being called “fat”, because being thin is idolized and glorified in our society, whereas fat is deemed grotesque and unacceptable. You cannot compare the two, it is much more of an insult to be called fat.

Sometimes when you say to someone, “OMG you look so skinny :)” it’s a COMPLIMENT. Telling someone they look fat can never be a good thing.

March 27th, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Being told you need to “go eat a sandwich” is just as f’ed up as someone saying you could stand to lose weight. I work in a very liberal, educated environment and the number of fellow employees who told me I was too thin when I recently had health issues was staggering to me. I would even respond, “It is health issues,” when they would ask “what I was doing to ‘lose the weight.’” And they STILL made comments about being thin. I learned a lot lately about how shitty it feels to get these comments. Interestingly, the thinner coworkers made comments like, “whatever you are doing…keep up the good work.” And I was at a healthy BMI and only lost 20 pounds over the course of a year. I can’t imagine what this Kardashian (sp?) child must hear.

March 27th, 2013 at 11:10 pm

The difference between being too fat and being too skinny is that while our society glorifies skinny, it also deems it acceptable to bully those who are considered too thin. So, while fat people may not fit our ideal, they are at least lucky enough to live in a culture where nearly everyone agrees that picking on someone for being too fat is wrong.

I have always, always, always been very thin, and I have always eaten normally (and often more than my female counterparts because this metabolism means business) and I still, at the age of 29, get to hear rude comments on an almost daily basis. “Your legs are so long! You look like a giraffe!” “You are wayyyy too skinny. Eat a burger!” “You look a big gust of wind would blow you away!” How are those compliments?!

Now that I’m older and comfortable with my body, I realize that most of the people saying these kinds of things are simply jealous that I can eat how I like without stressing about weight gain, which really IS a luxury. But say those kinds of things to a vulnerable 13-year-old and you could do some real damage. I used to cry almost every day after school because I was so tired of being called anorexic. And the teachers at school never did anything about it, except to give me detention the ONE time I struck back at someone for making fun of my weight by saying “At least I’m not fat like you!”

Oh, and just for reference, I am 6 feet tall and 140 pounds, which puts my BMI at 19…which is considered normal. The low end of normal, but normal. And all those supermodels whose bodies we worship are about the same height as me, yet weigh at least 25 pounds less. It’s a twisted society we live in.

March 28th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Maddie, sweetheart, please don’t refer to being an EMS as an accomplishment. I am in a medical field with an actual degree, and know far more than you about anatomy of a human being.

August 31st, 2013 at 9:16 pm

You know what? It depends on the girl. Some girls love being called skinny because they do think its a compliment whereas other skinny girls who have been trying to gain weight their entire life are just being reminded of their struggle.
I am 21 now weighing at 110lbs and I have been trying to put on weight since I was 11. I have put on approx 30lbs since then but to this day im still being told how the wind is gonna blow me away or how im sooo skinny. So I cant even say im proud of the weight ive gained because according to societ im still ” not normal weight”. It is incredibly frustrating.