Lena Dunham lands the cover of Rolling Stone, talks about that whole “voice of my generation” comment

Lena Dunham, the creator and star of HBO’s Girls, lands the March cover of Rolling Stone. In the new issue, Dunham tells senior writer Brian Hiatt about her lifelong struggles with anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder, her childhood fear of sex, her reaction to criticisms about the show’s lack of diversity – and much more. “It’s funny to me that I’m writing a show that people consider to be the voice of twentysomething people,” she says. “Because I don’t feel that connected to it all the time.”

One comment Lena feels she has to address, is the comment her character Hannah said in an episode, where she called herself “the voice of a generation.”

“I don’t think I ever imagined that it would haunt me the way it is,” Dunham said in a recent interview. “The character was on opium! I think the ‘voice of a generation’ concept was lost with beatnik literature. Because of globalization and increasing populations, my generation kind of consists of so many different voices that need so many different kinds of attention. But if my writing can show what it’s like to be young, I’m happy.”

I love ‘Girls’ but I’m getting a bit tired of Lena. I know I’ve said this before. I think her show is amazing, but I feel like she’s just EVERYWHERE lately. She is brilliant, I’ll give her that.

Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 at 10:10am
Filed under Lena Dunham | 11 Comments

Comments

Comments

February 13th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

“What are you wearing?!”… “Oh, a shirt” lol.

February 13th, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Her show is crap and she looks like crap

February 13th, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I think she looks amazing and I love her show. She is absolutely brilliant. Sorry, Nikkk–you are just too stupid to get her, or her show. I feel sorry for you.

February 13th, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I’m not sure why her show is getting so much press recently. i’ve been watching since the beginning and it’s not very good.

February 13th, 2013 at 9:14 pm

I’m so tired of this COW.

February 13th, 2013 at 11:15 pm

i agree 100% with what Jayda says. I’ve watched since the beginning and I too feel that its crap, except I stopped 10 minutes into episode 2 of this season. Fool me once bitch, shame on you. Fool me twice and I’m the bitch.

February 14th, 2013 at 8:49 am

PLEASE..STOP STICKING YOUR FAT IN MY FACE….IT IS UNATTRACTIVE! THE SHOW IS TRASH!

February 14th, 2013 at 10:50 am

Sorry, I just don’t get the show or her appeal. Maybe this is her 15 minutes if fame

February 14th, 2013 at 11:00 am

She is so gross.

February 14th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I think the show is different at best. I would like it better if I didnt have to look at her disgusting body naked. I think its fine if you want to be overweight thats up to you but i really dont want to be grossed out when I’m watching a channel that costs more than basic cable!

February 17th, 2013 at 1:29 am

Sally, Lena is not a cow. She just looks like an insecure girl who’s licked too many penises on her knees in dark closets to win approval from her peers, and now looks like a DOG. Cows are cute. Pigs are cuter. This girl has been ganbanged so many times she’s absorbed and is now recycling testosterone.