‘Shahs of Sunset’ Star “MJ” Bares All in a Bathing Suit, Says “I Don’t Want To Be Skinny!”

Viewers have blasted Mercedes “MJ” Javid for flaunting her curves, but the Shahs of Sunset star isn’t interested in slimming down.

The real estate agent, who varies from a size 8 to 10, exclusively tells the magazine, “I am not ashamed of my body.”

“Skinny is not appealing to me,” MJ admits. “If I were to admire another woman’s body type, it would probably be someone who is very curvaceous and slender in the right places. I think men tend to like it better.” So which celebrity does MJ think has the ideal physique? “Sofia Vergara!”

While the Shahs star tries to eat right and get to the gym for 40-minute cardio sessions as often as possible, MJ refuses to go to extremes when it comes to her diet.

“When I first moved to LA, I went to an internist who told me I was really overweight, and he actually prescribed diet pills,” she tells In Touch. “I went to school and was shaking and having a hard time concentrating in class. I lost weight, [but] it was definitely not a healthy way to do it.”

At the end of the day, MJ admits to having “a love-hate relationship” with her body, something she’s come to accept.

“I am not striving to be thin,” she admits. “The only person that I really want to please is myself.”

OMG I have a love-hate relationship with this show. Okay, I really love it.

Thursday, January 31st, 2013 at 8:08am
Filed under Bravo | 13 Comments

Comments

Comments

January 31st, 2013 at 9:30 am

before reading the title of this post, I thought someone leaked an un-photoshopped photo of Kim K in a swimsuit.

January 31st, 2013 at 9:38 am

I feel like this is what Kim Kardashian will look like after she has her baby.

No disrespect to MJ, LOL.

January 31st, 2013 at 9:55 am

carol…..I think you are right….I think this IS Kim UNphotoshopped!
Hilarious how much it looks like her!

Ana ~ She already looks like that!

Oh and to the chick in the picture that doesn’t want to be skinny…..You’re NOT!

January 31st, 2013 at 10:08 am

It’s not possible she wears sizes 8-10, right? More like 16-18.

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
January 31st, 2013 at 10:14 am

@ Carol – haha! That made me spit my coffee out.

If that’s size 8-10, what does that make me!?

January 31st, 2013 at 11:33 am

If she was healthy and this size I would be ok with it but she eats and drinks like a fish so this is fat not curves. Im all for bigger girls embracing their curves but not if its the result of an unhealthy lifestyle.

January 31st, 2013 at 11:45 am

I have no idea who this girl is, but kudos to her for being happy in her own skin. However, I do not think she is a size 8-10. There is no way, unless the strange planet she came from has different sizes than Earth. In that case, I am a size 2!!!!

January 31st, 2013 at 11:56 am

I’ve worn an 8/10 for many years. She ain’t it unless she’s about 4 ft. tall.

January 31st, 2013 at 8:04 pm

So glad that others think that her version of size 8-10 is pretty off! Haute couture must label the clothes accordingly so that the wealthy keep buying them! ;)

February 1st, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Okay, freaking California with their freaking Californian sizes. SHE IS NOT AN 8-10! NO WAY IN HELL. Here in Ohio, she would be anywhere from a 16-20. Shoot, if I were in CA, I would be a size zero…something I will never even come close to in Ohio.

But I DO love this show. Very much. Can’t believe it’s the end of the season.

February 12th, 2013 at 8:22 am

@WHAT????? — as a Californian myself, there is NO WAY on this planet she is a size 8/10. That is a joke. She is easily a size 16 or larger – anywhere! We don’t have different sizes than Ohio. If you were in CA, you’d be a size 8/10, just like you are at home haha. She’s obviously lying…badly.

December 1st, 2013 at 9:03 am

I couldn’t agree more. MJ’s body is incredibly hot and sexy. If all of the Sports Illustrate models would line up next to MJ, I would choose her in a micro second.

September 6th, 2014 at 9:52 am

YOU GO GIRRRL – go and get on a treadmill –
and wash that stinky skunk between your legs