‘The Bachelor’s’ Sean Lowe is waiting for marriage to have sex.

In Touch has learned that The Bachelor’s Sean Lowe is holding off on sex.

Former Bachelor contestant Melissa Rycroft — whose friend dated the Texas native for three years — shares with In Touch, on stands now, “He’s waiting until marriage.”

“He’s hooked up with different girls,” says the friend. “But it never gets to sex.” Sean’s “a good Southern boy.”

Sean explains, “You know, I have done a lot of things in my life that I regret. Like all of us I have made some decisions in my past I do regret, but as I get older I do appreciate things more and I do know that sex is special, so I’m going to try my best to hold up.”

“I think sex is something special,” he tells In Touch. “It should be shared with the one you’re going to spend the rest of your life with.”

More power to him. I’m not sure if I could pull that off, and I’m almost not entirely sure it’s a good idea. I was raised very religious, and I can count probably five couples who waited until marriage to have sex – and then their marriage didn’t work. I’m not saying it’s the sex that did it, but I do think you can’t really know a person until you have sex with them. I DO agree, though, that promiscuity is wrong. I see nothing redeeming in sleeping around. Wait until you’ve found the right one. Sex isn’t something to be thrown around easily.

Okay, off my soap box and onto the next post. :)

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 at 7:07am
Filed under The Bachelor | 7 Comments

Comments

Comments

January 16th, 2013 at 8:47 am

I waited…been married almost 11 years and together 13…but we did do a lot during dating that showed there was chemisty…just didn’t progress to intercourse.

January 16th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

YEAH, AND PIGS FLY TOO….

January 16th, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Listen missy! I love u to bits and usually agree with everything u say but I can’t agree with ur comments. God has asked us to wait to protect us and I think it’s ignorant to say that you can’t truly know someone unless you have slept with them. I’ve never commented before on this site, I usually just enjoy it. I’m sure lots of girls at the age of becoming sexually active read your site and id ask you to pray about these kind of cavalier comments before making them. It takes maturity that sometimes comes with age to be comfortable with confidently standing your ground when it comes to sexual morality. Lets set a good example or not comment on these issues! Lots of love :)

January 17th, 2013 at 3:29 am

Reading that comment makes me so glad I don’t live in America, I couldn’t handle the religious judgement…

January 17th, 2013 at 11:38 pm

In response to Ang-

Have you ever heard of freedom of speech? Not everyone may share your religious beliefs (and I’m very religious, but understand not everyone believes what I do). And this is a site where the blogger shares their own personal thoughts, comments, and opinions. And did you happen to bypass this part of her post:

“I DO agree, though, that promiscuity is wrong. I see nothing redeeming in sleeping around. Wait until you’ve found the right one. Sex isn’t something to be thrown around easily.”

Honestly, you sound like the ignorant one.

January 18th, 2013 at 6:56 am

I got more weird looks and judgmental comments for WAITING than friends of mine did for not waiting (and I was only 20 when I got married so not even very old yet) so it’s important to point out that religious people are NOT the only ones judging.

I have done things with people I dated that were sexual but not intercourse and it’s pretty obvious sometimes even with a kiss if you ‘click’ on a physical level with someone or not. I had NO doubt when I got married that mine and my husband’s physical relationship would be very compatible. Intercourse doesn’t prove or disprove that.

January 20th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Hi. Need I say that I totally support Sean Lowe. I am a lady of 23 and will also wait until marriage. A virgin for that matter. Why the hurry? I definitely do not want to be branded a slut,sleeping with everyTom,Dick and Harry. Our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit. Respect your bodies y’all. And you can all wait. I believe so. That is my opinion.