Demi Lovato posts bikini pic on Twitter: “I can’t believe I’m about to do this but I’m so excited”

Demi Lovato, who has very openly struggled with self-esteem, took the ultimate challenge today – and posted a picture of herself in a bikini on Twitter!

Lovato, who recently completed treatment for an eating disorder, posted the above picture on her Twitter, saying, “I’ve been working so hard to get healthy and fit.. I can’t believe I’m about to do this but I’m so excited.. Here’s my bikini time body!”

She adds, “I never thought I’d ever feel confident enough to ever to that. I’m excited how far I’ve come since being completely ashamed of my body.. I want any girl/guy out there who struggles with body image or confidence to know that it IS possible to find peace with yourself.”

“It hasn’t been easy, but it starts with a commitment to yourself.. Your mind.. And your soul. And trust me, I’m still working at it!! Haha.”

Weight has been a constant issue for Lovato, who told Good Morning America last month she’s had “a really unhealthy relationship with food” for the past 10 years — and also said she was “bullied because I was fat.”

She looks amazing! It’s awesome she’s in a place where she feels confident enough to do this. What would it take for you to post a picture of yourself in a bikini online!

Tags:

Monday, May 16th, 2011 at 1:13pm
Filed under Demi Lovato | 13 Comments

Comments

Comments

May 16th, 2011 at 3:18 pm

She may actually turn out to have something interesting to offer, rather than the usual singing/dancing/acting thing.

May 16th, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Umm..

She fat.

May 16th, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Hey dumbass Nina. Umm. Its not about being skinny, its about being comfortable in your own skin. Its the douche bags like you that give people complexes with your criticism.
I’m guessing you have a barn door for an ass and make yourself feel better by picking on others.

May 16th, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Haha! Size 4 is fat for you huh Nina? Riiiight.
Let’s see your Facebook photos. I’ll post mine!
We can even run through star to show no photoshop… Let’s see which of us everyone would call “fat”?

@ Cappy
Nina is just jealous because this young sweet girl has a life & career- and poor Nina obviously doesn’t.

May 17th, 2011 at 10:54 am

She is not fat by any means. I think the suit and pose is a little unflattering, but that’s for sure a healthy body.

Anyway, this isn’t really about what any of us think, it’s about how she is comfortable with how she looks and thats really all that matters.

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
May 17th, 2011 at 12:08 pm

She’s not fat at all! I think it’s great.

May 19th, 2011 at 6:11 pm

@Nina You are such a female dog!! This girl has not been happy with the way she looks. Doing this is a big step for her.
I for one think you look great Demi. Not fat at all like Nina.

May 19th, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Damn I think Nina was JOKING!!! I’m sure she can see tha Demi has a nice body. Everybody’s always so quick to jump down someone’s throat, it ain’t like Demi is gonna see Nina’s comment and start going crazy again!! I laughed when I saw Nina’s comment, then just shook my head when I saw the rest of the comments.. ya’ll are humorless. Stop taking everything soooo serious.

Now that’s sad.

May 19th, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I PERSONALLY THINK THAT SHE LOOKS AMAZING……… JUST BEAUTIFUL… ….. PERFECT ACTUALLY…. THIS IS WHAT REAL WOMEN LOOK LIKE.. NOT THE SIZE ZERO….really just perfect .. proportional .. and curvy .. and those thick legs and upper thighs.. JUST RIGHT… AMAZING… I hope she doesnt change anything about her self..!!!! CAUSE SHE IS PERFECT!! ..

May 21st, 2011 at 6:10 am

I THINK SHE LOOKS PERFECT. I’D RUN MY TONGUE ALL OVER HER LUSCIOUSNESS TWO OR THREE TIMES. SHE IS JUST ABSOLUTEY PERFECT, AND SEXY LOOKIN LIKE A MUFOKKER

dc">
dc">dc
May 22nd, 2011 at 9:14 am

hot,hotand hot

dc">
dc">dc
May 22nd, 2011 at 9:20 am

hey nina not fat get some glasses to see better.at least she not some anorexic girl like you are.i know a male comment send a picture of yourself and let us males decide if you are fat.

May 23rd, 2011 at 8:13 pm

So you work on the body for hours in the gym and forget to fix the face and hair for 5 minutes for a picture?