Russell and Boston Rob are returning on the new season of ‘Survivor’!

I looooooooooooove me some Survivor! I’ve watched every single season, and loved every single one! I’m excited for the new season – and the new rules, and I have to admit, I can’t wait to see Russell (probably Survivor’s biggest villain) do his dirty work again! People has the scoop:

Earlier this week, the producers of Survivor announced the identities of 16 cast members who will compete on the upcoming season.

Now, in keeping with the season’s theme – Redemption Island – they’re revealing which former contestants will return for another chance at the show’s $1 million prize.

Get ready for drama: Villains Russell Hantz and “Boston” Rob Mariano will face off again on the show.

“Having never been awarded the title of Sole Survivor, Hantz and Mariano return to compete for the $1 million prize and one last shot at redemption,” CBS said in a statement. “They will each join a separate tribe of all new castaways at the start of the game, but it is the tribe who will ultimately decide if they will welcome the knowledge of an experienced veteran, or view these former castaways as a threat.”

Redemption Island, which returns to Nicaragua and premieres Feb. 16 (8 p.m. ET) on CBS, will be the first installment of Survivor that allows players who are voted out a chance to return to the competition.

Instead of leaving the game completely, booted contestants will go to Redemption Island, where they’ll live alone until someone else is voted out. Then, those two players will compete in a duel to determine which one stays and which one goes. The last person standing on Redemption Island has a chance to return to the game.

Tags: , , ,

Thursday, January 13th, 2011 at 8:08am
Filed under CBS, Survivor | 9 Comments

Comments

Comments

January 13th, 2011 at 9:21 am

YIPPEE! YIPPEE!
I CAN’T WAIT!
Okay, you can route for Russell, and I will route for Rob!!!
Please, let this season make up for last season! It sounds great.

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
January 13th, 2011 at 11:44 am

Oh – I don’t route for Russell – he’s the biggest prick! He just makes for good TV! And I love Rob! Survivor last season was such a bore… seriously the worst season of survivor ever…

January 13th, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Hee hee! I agree 100%! I don’t like the guy in any way, but he is great to watch on Survivor!
I must say that I like Russell lots better than NaOnka though!!
:) :)

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
January 13th, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Don’t even say her name! She was a psycho biotch!

January 13th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

And beyond! :)
Crazy horrible person.

January 13th, 2011 at 2:19 pm

i thought they already did a show where they were both in it….the one before this last season. It was right after the season where Russell was in. Boston Rob didn’t last very long….does it sound familiar???

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
January 13th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Yeah – was an all-stars. Russell did 2 seasons back-to-back. This isn’t quite the same. They have 16 new people, and they’re bringing in the 2 alums for this season.

January 13th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Hopefully Russell’s new team mates have seen Survivor before so they know what they are dealing with from the get go. The man is pond scum.

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
January 13th, 2011 at 2:55 pm

He would need to get voted off right away – but that’ll never happen!