MISSING: Kyron Horman

I’m going to take a minute and post this, because it is so sad, and happened close to where I live. As a mother I ask you to please take a minute and read below. (Picture above was taken just minutes before he disappeared)

From KGW, my local news:

Boy missing since Friday

Kyron Horman and his step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, arrived at Skyline Elementary School around 8 a.m. Friday and attended a science fair at the school. Around 8:45 a.m. Terri said goodbye to Kyron and watched the second-grader walk down the hallway toward his classroom. Police say that the last time the boy was seen was about 9 a.m.

At 3:45 p.m., when the school bus arrived at Kyron’s stop without him on board, his step-mom called the school. She was told he was marked “absent” by his teacher. She called 9-1-1 just before 4 p.m. and the search effort was launched.

Portland schools sent an automated message to parents in the school district that the boy was missing. Meanwhile, police walked the school grounds with K-9 tracking teams, searched every room and closet inside the school and even checked the roof.

The search quickly snowballed as word of the little boy’s disappearance spread among the small school’s community in Northwest Portland. Police said the search area was spread across 20 miles of roadway and two square miles of land. Officers also handed out fliers and questioned drivers and area residents Monday.

By Monday, the search included 22 law enforcement agencies, according to Capt. Gates.

Investigators were trying to interview all the families of some 300 Skyline students. Gates said parents had been very cooperative.

Capt. Gates said 1,200 tips had been received by Monday, and characterized some as “viable leads”, but pleaded with people to call with more tips. “Every tip, no matter how insignificant, is important to us,” he said.

Sheriff Dan Staton said late Sunday night that he was “not prepared” to call the boy’s disappearance a kidnapping. He described Kyron as a “missing endangered child” because more than two days had elapsed since he disappeared and because search efforts were hampered by rainy weather.

“We have developed a lot of information which has to be processed thoroughly, and I am not in a position to divulge any specifics of our investigative plan at this time,” Staton said in a statement.

Police indicated their search was not limited to the area around the school but they would not specify where else they were searching.

An FBI profiler was studying everything from Kyron’s schoolwork to his friends, to try and determine where the little boy might be. Two local criminal experts told KGW that if Kyron was kidnapped, he believes all the clues point to someone who knew the boy, not a stranger.

If anyone has any information at all, please call the Tipline: 503-261-2847.

Printable Flyer is below

Wednesday, June 9th, 2010 at 3:15pm
Filed under Jocelyn's Space | 15 Comments

Comments

Comments

June 9th, 2010 at 3:38 pm

That is so sad. My heart and prayers go out to them. I hope they find him safe and ok.

June 9th, 2010 at 4:26 pm

My heart is breaking over this case. I do freelance writing and have been reporting on Kyron’s case.

I just WISH someone would speak up SOMEWHERE regarding this little boy’s whereabouts. I’m a mom to a boy who’s about Kyron’s age.

It’s unthinkable someone would want to harm Kyron. My prayers are with everyone else in this case – come home, Kyron!

June 9th, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Very sad news, I’ll pray for his safe return

June 10th, 2010 at 6:22 am

I am a mother of three children under 9 years old. Two boys and one girl. My heart and prayers go out to this family in high hopes he has a safe return to his family.

June 10th, 2010 at 8:00 am

praying for his safe return!!! very sad story!!

June 10th, 2010 at 8:18 am

I hope they find him soon and that he is okay.. Poor thing!

June 10th, 2010 at 1:16 pm

I hate to say that, but either he wont ever be found, either he will be found dead. Lets get real. Heart and prayers to an invisible tyrant up there in the skies have 0 to do with a terrible reality. If wed wake up such things didnt happen. USA has got the record of missing persons since long. Rings any bell? Where and how it happens? Nobody bothers to research deeper and if it happens, that persons surely will be silenced one way or another. Children and teens go missing more than any other categories of ppl. Alarming and still nobody asks questions, nobody moves a damm finger…

Tina Marie">Tina Marie
June 14th, 2010 at 2:43 am

“If I’m Your Next Victim”

“You” and those like you, who makes such a beautiful place
“God created called Earth” so unsafe, here’s some food for thought
for you today, you hide in unseen places waiting for unsuspecting
faces, who are unaware of your deadly stare, how did your life get
on such an evil course? Is your heart still there, do it have remorse?

It’s you who will die a million deaths, yet never die, because there’s
no room for you up high. Hell will drop lower to accommodate your
rotten soul, my face is what you’ll see every time your eyes close!
“If I’m A child” you have taken, those of you who search for me and pray
for my safety from my heart you are appreciated, yet if in their twisted
mind they decide my demise, my body please don’t hide, so I’m returned
to those who truly love me, for once in your life, do something right!

Also deliver this message to my family & friends, tell them to live life to
the fullest for me and for them, and not to let an animal such as yourself take
away their happiness, this poem’s sadly a sign of the times, it was created in
the hopes of changing minds, about committing such unthinkable crimes!
I’ve chosen to be another voice for those who’s voice has been stubbed out
or silenced from your unsuspecting,undeserving and unnecessary violence!

So ” If I’m Your Next Victim” and I pray to “God” I’m not
I pray that it means either voluntarily or forced
” Your Crime Spree Has Stopped! ”

Poet: Tina Marie Clark
@2009

June 17th, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Hi everybody I’m so sad to have to be on here under these conditions. I just got word from a person who knows someone in the search group that was looking for Kyron at Sauvi Island and he, it is very heart breaking, was found dead this morning and the step-mother and her mother were to blame. I haven’t gotten any more info yet but I’m very sure that it will be aired on the news at noon or tonight. But still my prayers go out to his family that GOD gives them strength to endure the pain of loosing a child.I pray that we all will someday soon see this beautiful young boy in heaven when our Father takes us home and that he no longer has to suffer the horrible things that satan does to us in this world, I also pray for those who had part in Kyron’s disappearance and death that they repeant for the awful sin they have commited toward an innocent baby

June 17th, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Vanessa,
i have yet to see anything about it on the news or newspapers online. way to lie about something so severe

June 17th, 2010 at 4:57 pm

excuse you mam but i tell no lies and that is a very ignorant thing to say to somebody who didn’t know this young boy but through the whole time prayed every night for him and his family because I was concerned you call me a liar? how selfish that is on your part mam this is about him and what has happened to him not what you think……now I am a girl of GOD and yes this is severe but also true

June 18th, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I have YET to see it on the news.

June 18th, 2010 at 2:17 pm

a girl of GOD who LIES. Any idiot can read a paper and see that he has NOT been found. Spread your bullshit elsewhere. No one wants to read your slanderous LIES. I hope he is found alive and well. But you MAM are retarded

weird news">weird news
June 18th, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Howdy, I googled In Case You Didn't Know » Blog Archive » MISSING: Kyron Horman and your web site was in the primary few websites, you have to be doing something suitable for google to like your posts a lot. Have you ever seriously considered blogging for money?

June 23rd, 2010 at 3:39 pm

excuse you miss Shar but I think you need to take another approach to the young lady who obviously had other information as you and it doesn’t give you any right to judge her and call her a liar when you don’t know truth yourself. and any idiot would know government and state officials keep information from the media and are paid to lie. So make sure you have better knowledge and facts before you call somebody a liar so you take yo bullshit somewhere else