Gisele Bundchen donates $1.5 million to the Red Cross

FP_IMAGE_1562489/FP_SET_1562486

The gorgeous Gisele Bundchen wrote a $1.5 million check yesterday to the Red Cross to aid the relief effort in Haiti, according to a source close to the supermodel. Tom Brady’s wife was prompted to pitch in after seeing the devastation done by this week’s earthquake. Bundchen is one of several celebs who’ve been stirred to action by the catastrophic images broadcast on TV. The leggy supermodel, who’s traveled all over the world, can certainly afford such charity considering she earned a reported $35 million last year.

Friday, January 15th, 2010 at 8:08am
Filed under Gisele Bundchen | 17 Comments

Comments

Comments

January 15th, 2010 at 11:13 am

god, i cant even imagine….this morning I had $58 in my checking account. Must be so nice to be able to drop 1.5 mil like that.

January 15th, 2010 at 11:38 am

LOL AMEN TO THE COMMENT ABOVE

January 15th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

different worlds we live in. my balance this morning was -32.50 in my checking account. At least those who are fortunate are giving, that’s what I would do.

January 15th, 2010 at 2:39 pm

No matter how much she has or makes, it’s still a very generous gesture to part with 1.5 million…I know people who are technically millionaires who wouldn’t give $10.00..

January 15th, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I too have a scant few dollars in my checking account- but my house is still standing and no one I love is missing or dead. It seems trite and cliche but recognize the privileges we have. A country so poor and disenfranchised to take this kind of hit- devastating doesn’t even come close. It just puts things in perspective, knowing, as little as I have, I still have enough to give and be very grateful for.

January 15th, 2010 at 4:37 pm

that is very generous of her!
however, if she would have cut that check in Canada, our government would have matched her donation.
just sayin’

January 15th, 2010 at 6:12 pm

@Jason

It was very generous of her and unselfish. What was the point of the other ish you stated? Damn…STFU!!

January 15th, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Jason… you do realize, don’t you, that when the “government matches your donation” they are simply taking more of your money and giving it away too?

January 15th, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Mike and Burito … missing the point one stupid comment at a time.

January 17th, 2010 at 11:12 am

35 million bucks for being a walking coat hanger. Donating 1.5 million is the same shit as donating a few coins from her purse considering the amount of cash she has. Fuck that, if I had that much cash I would likely donate half of it or at least spend it on some useful shit.

January 17th, 2010 at 1:47 pm

To mahniggas…no you wouldn’t.

January 17th, 2010 at 9:09 pm

What most people dont understand is that these celebs/ actors HAVE to make donations. Its called write offs and they need alot of them. Any charity can be written off. You make 35 million in a year, believe me if you know what youre doing (or have good legal advice) youre not going to pay half to the government.

WAKE THE F UP PEOPLE

January 17th, 2010 at 11:11 pm

The world needs more people like Gisele, who leads with her heart. You go girl!

January 17th, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Mahniggas you’re a jerk.

January 18th, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Mahldniggas, If you made $35,000 last year you should be donating $1,500, but i bet your not, so STFU.

January 18th, 2010 at 9:04 pm

devilsrain, I don’t think you understand how the American tax system works. Above a certain income, one’s ability to deduct charitable donations effectively phases out due to the AMT. Tax-wise, she can save more money deducting a business expense like a Lear jet than a donation to the Red Cross. Ironically, at that income level, rich people fudge on their income taxes to claim charitable donations are business expenses!

January 28th, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Youre right, it must be nice to have 1.5 million to drop. However, I am just as broke as the guy with $50 bucks in his bank and I still donated my $10! Those people have ZERO, so suck it up and help out.