Kristin Cavallari taking Lauren Conrad’s place on The Hills!

81013a1_cavallari_b-gr_07.jpg

Entertainment Weekly can confirm exclusively that former Laguna Beach bad girl Kristin Cavallari will be replacing Beach alum Lauren Conrad as star of The Hills. EW also has an exclusive interview with her. Quotes below.

Rumors have been circulating for weeks that Cavallari was in talks to replace Lauren Conrad on The Hills. Now EW can exclusively confirm that Cavallari will indeed be starring in MTV’s reality series. The 22-year old’s first appearance will be the May 31st season finale (she catches the bouquet at Heidi and Spencer’s wedding, natch) and she’ll appear in 10 episodes this fall. Cavallari, now a budding actress, is fully prepared to stir things up. “It’s a TV show,” she explains. “I’m not going into it like, ‘I’m going to make great friendships with these people.’ It’s work! And drama sells. I think that’s why they’re bringing me in, because I know what works.” Cavallari had plenty more to reveal in her exclusive interview with EW.

On why she’s coming back to reality TV:

“The goal for me is to get my fans excited about me again. When I first started out, I had a celebrity name but I didn’t have the acting skills I have now. If I have some buzz with my name again, I feel like it will only help.”

On rumors that producers are plotting a romance between her and Justin Bobby (which The Hills producers deny):

“I have no idea! [laughs] I don’t think MTV would be like, ‘Oh you’re dating him now. This is your boyfriend.’ But they might try and set up situations. I’m totally cool with that. Again, it’s a TV show and they need to make it entertaining.”

On how her version of The Hills will differ from Lauren’s:

“I’m a completely different person than Lauren. I have a lot more energy. I’m more outgoing. I’m a little more spontaneous. And she has a boyfriend so she’s not dating on the show. I’m very open to dating and finding a guy.”

On introducing Heidi and Spencer:

“It’s so funny. I guess it was 4 years ago. I was dating Brody [Jenner] and Spencer was Brody’s best friend. I had known Heidi when she was friends with Lauren when we were still filming Laguna Beach. Heidi was like, ‘Hook me up with someone. I wanna meet a guy.’ And Brody and I were kinda like, ‘Well, maybe Spencer?’ We’ll see what happens.’ So we all went on a double date and they just hit it off right away and now they’re married.”

Thursday, May 14th, 2009 at 7:07am
Filed under Kristin Cavalleri, MTV | 8 Comments

Comments

Comments

May 14th, 2009 at 8:48 am

i dont think anyone on the show has ever mentioned how fake it is the way she did in this interview! they at least try to maintain that what they are going through is indeed real and that producers edit however they want in post production. this just proves, further more, that it is scripted.

and to say you are doing it to get your name out there now that you are an ‘actress’? what a dumb beezy. there goes your ‘career’ before it even started.

May 14th, 2009 at 1:20 pm

WHO THE FUCK CARES AND IF YOU WATCH THIS SHOW YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON, I LIVE IN O.C. AND LAUREN CUNTRAD IS NO MORE THAN AVERAGE LOOKING OUT HERE!!

May 16th, 2009 at 9:31 pm

you know what jim you can SUCK MY BIG FAT TOE THE ONE WITH NO NAIL!!!!!!

May 25th, 2009 at 10:46 pm

You can never replace Lauren, take your fake self somewhere else kthx. Jim, it wasnt about the looks and the fact that you had to post that.. also makes you just as retarded.

June 1st, 2009 at 8:47 am

I hate the fact that Lauren is quitting the show. I’ll probably hate it now, Kristen is a bitch and is so fake, and will probably screw up the show. Lauren just wants to live her life normally and hang out with her friends. Kristen is a dramatic person and an attention whore. I hate her Lauren is over a billion times prettier than her too. She isn’t a good friend if she doesn’t care about her hooking up with Bobby. I think that she made the biggest mistake ever hooking up Heidi and Spencer, they are just the worst couple. Spencer is an ass and Heidi is more closed because of it.

JIM you claim that everyone is stupid who watched the show, however, you read the whole article and took the time to make a comment FAKE!!

NOON

June 3rd, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Kristin has a very low self esteem and is a very confused young woman. She failed drastically at starting a career and now wants to hang onto laurens coat tial as she did on laguna beach and we all know what happened to that when kristin \"replaced\" lauren.
The woman must have some pride, after all the nasty stuff she said about lauren on laguna you would think she would stay away from anything to do with lauren.
High school is over seetheart stop hanging onto the past.
I wish Lauren all the best for the future and she proved you dont have to be a b***h to make a reality show fun.

June 10th, 2009 at 1:08 am

kristen cavallari is a dumb HOE .. u think ur all crazy and all that but really ur not … u just want fame .. but ur just like a fukin piece of shit on the floor …. go away u drama whore …

October 6th, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Kristen is SO REAL, and more real than anyone I’ve seen on that show. You are all proof of HATERS! I think MTV did a great thing by adding her to the show to take Lauren’s place…but I DO admit that Kristen, after all of the crap she talked about Lauren, she totally took her sloppy seconds. And furthermore, it proves that the show is completely scripted, and they needed Kristen to bring some entertainment because Heidi and Spencer can be read about in the tabloids any day because they are desperate for media coverage, Audrina has close to NO personality, and Stephanie tries to hard to fit in with the girls. The producers knew they couldn’t carry on a show with just them, there would be nothing to watch. The show is scripted, DUH! Audrina and Lo are all of a sudden BFFS and going shopping together, when before the show aired Lo said they were never close and never clicked. Stacy (the alleged bartender that Spencer was texting) is all of a sudden in the picture hanging out with everyone. It’s just wayyy too obvious. And YES, I watch the show. It’s entertaining! At the same time, I’m not going to deny that 90% of the situations and the conversations aren’t stirred up by producers. Just to let you know, all of you people who are hating on Kristen, she loves it, because it gives her more attention. She would actually be flattered that she is on your mind so much that you would take the time to even say what you think about her and you “hate her so much” and yet, you never spoke to her a day in your life. lol it just cracks me up.