Alanis Morissette enjoyed ‘lots of sex’ as a single girl

Alanis Morissette

Alanis Morissette recovered from her split with former fiance Ryan Reynolds last year by going on “lots of dates” and having “lots of sex”.

The Canadian singer, 34, was devastated when her engagement to the actor ended in February 2007, and it took her months to recover.

She even banned herself from getting seriously involved with another man for 12 months after the break-up.

But Morissette admits she has enjoyed being back on the dating scene – because it meant she could have sex with different men without having to commit to any of them.

The star, who now has a boyfriend, says, “No strings relationships have helped cure me of love addiction. All my life I’ve been in long-term monogamous relationships. I had to break that pattern by not allowing myself to have a relationship for a year, stopping myself from committing to men. I haven’t been celibate. I’ve had lots of dates and lots of sex, but I haven’t been pushing to turn a date into a relationship. This has been a huge thing for me.”

WENN

Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 at 2:14pm
Filed under Alanis Morissette | 13 Comments

Comments

Comments

Stefano">Stefano
July 29th, 2008 at 2:49 pm

She’s the best!!!

July 29th, 2008 at 3:38 pm

GO 4 IT GIRL

July 29th, 2008 at 6:49 pm

I’ve done the same thing…..very liberating.

Then you realize it isn’t worth it…Now got 3 yrs of celibacy to make sure I know what I’m looking for….

Sex confuses the mind in the wrong times….

July 30th, 2008 at 7:55 am

Yawn. Sure she did. She probably traded numbers with Aniston and they probably cried on the phone with each other every night.

July 30th, 2008 at 8:30 am

I guess a lot of people got blown in theaters.

July 30th, 2008 at 8:35 am

What a great upstanding role model for young girls around the world. (sarcasm intended)

I wonder if theyear of casual sex will bring her more happiness in her next “serious” relationship?

July 30th, 2008 at 9:06 am

She isn’t a role model for young girls anymore… her fans are all grown up too now.

July 30th, 2008 at 9:07 am

You’ve got to be kidding me. Instead of evaluating why she chose to get in long term relationships with the wrong men, she opted for the easy way out and had a bunch of sex. Isn’t that like an alcoholic, who guzzles Jack, choosing to guzzle Jim instead, because Jack has left him or her prostrate and drooling on the floor once too often? How liberating. Trading one brand of the same addiction for another.

July 30th, 2008 at 9:24 am

to everyone judging her slutting it up a little…what’s so wrong with her doing what she wants to make herself happy? obviously it worked since it seems like she’s over that hotass ryan. that’s a big accomplishment!

besides, like it’s so much better to only sleep with guys you’re in a serious relationship with. guess what? that relationship’s probably going to end sooner than later, and then what are you left with? (safe) sex should be fun, people need to lighten up and stop being so judgmental of women who actually enjoy it.

July 30th, 2008 at 2:09 pm

“I guess a lot of people got blown in theaters.”
Haha, best comment of the day.

July 30th, 2008 at 6:19 pm

i was an alanis fan in my early teens (before i realized she sucks) and her sluttiness isn’t exactly anything new. on the jagged little pill tour she and her bandmates had a competition to see who could fuck the most people in a month and she bragged about finishing third.

July 31st, 2008 at 7:00 am

She sex or no sex…she still comes off as desperate. Desperate for reporters, fans, SOMEONE to pay attention to her.

Sucks getting older in the biz, Ms teenage child star?

March 2nd, 2010 at 7:41 am

Yep, same old story, girls who have (and enjoy) sex are ‘sluts’, guys who do the same are ‘studs’. Pathetic. Incidentally ‘TeeDee’, as you’re clearly wiser than the rest of us, maybe you should post a site giving us clues about how to make good judgment calls on our prospective relationships.