People with blue eyes are smarter?

bluevsbrown1.jpg

There’s an exception to every rule.

A new study by U.S. scientists finds that people with blue eyes are likely to achieve more in life, intellectually, at least, than those with brown.

Scientists who conducted the tests said brown-eyed people performed better at reaction time, but those with lighter eyes appeared to be better strategic thinkers, the Daily Mail reported. Brown-eyed people also succeeded in activities such as football and hockey, but lighter-eyed participants proved to be more succesful in activities that required skills in time structuring and planning such as golf, cross-country running and studying for exams, the scientists said.

University of Louisville professor emeritus Joanna Rowe, who conducted the tests, said the results suggested an unexplored link between eye color and academic achievement. “It is just observed, rather than explained,” she said.

“There’s no scientific answer yet.” Bedfordshire University senior psychology lecturer Dr. Tony Fallone, who has also studied eye color, believed it should be taken more seriously as an indicator of personality and ability, the Daily Mail reported.

I know it’s not celebrity gossip, but I’m bored – and I thought it was interesting. PS: I have blue eyes.

EDIT: Apparently Paris wears blue contacts. Hahaha…so does that prove my point – or just the opposite. Hmmm…

Monday, August 20th, 2007 at 4:16pm
Filed under Christina Aguilera, Jessica Alba | 54 Comments

Comments

Comments

August 20th, 2007 at 4:05 pm

why is paris up there as blue eyes? Her eyes are brown, she wears blue contacts

August 20th, 2007 at 4:16 pm

Good job posting pics of Paris and Jessica.
Does your research show how intelligent brown eyed people
are that wear fake Blue contacts????? That’s a good pic of Paris
but she is naturally Brown eyed.

August 20th, 2007 at 4:56 pm

Xtina is wearing BLUE CONTACTS too.
She has brown eyes.

August 20th, 2007 at 5:13 pm

My brother has blue eyes, but he has blonde hair as well. So, I guess the hair and the eyes sorta cancel each other out. Cause he is dumb! :D

August 20th, 2007 at 5:26 pm

No, Christina’s eyes are blue

who really cares anyway

August 20th, 2007 at 5:38 pm

It sounds so racist. I am sorry but I don’t believe it for a second. Blue eyed people are generally presented in a good light, blues eyes are considered like absolute beauty, so they may be advandtaged by the society standards. I personnaly don’t think this new aryan thing is relevant, more like dangerous (to reinforce already existing prejudices, etc).

August 20th, 2007 at 6:27 pm

I agree w/popi – a bit dangerous, but you have to take such ‘research’ with a grain of salt ….

thankfully we’ve moved beyond eugenics — gawd I hope anyway!

August 20th, 2007 at 7:19 pm

At least with all the diseases killing people we know that research money is being well spent on what eye color has to do with intelligence. =( Is it just me or is this a waste of time and money, even if it is true you can’t change your eye color so what is the point?

August 20th, 2007 at 10:35 pm

Next they’ll say blue eyed people are skinnier. Did you know that most statistics aren’t even TRUE! Every genious I’ve ever met had BROWN EYES. But as far as you know – I could be full of shit.

August 21st, 2007 at 12:19 am

I agree with popi and erin. This “research” is total BS. It’s sounds very racist. I wonder if all of the brown-eyed people they used in the study were black…because the only credit they’re getting is that they’re great at sports like football, whereas the blue eyed ones are more strategic and great thinkers. By the way, Einstein had brown eyes.

August 21st, 2007 at 1:13 pm

Christina also wears blue contacts.

August 21st, 2007 at 3:14 pm

I agree with Popi, too, this research is totally racist. Look at our culture and socioeconomic conditions – typically those with blue eyes (white) have had better opportunities and those with brown (black) don’t have the educational opportunities, and have used athletics as a way to get ahead.

Eye color has nothing to do with intelligence…I can’t even believe they would present it that way without at least accounting for social and economic indicators. I have blue eyes, and I did very well in school, but I attribute that to the fact that I had a safe, secure, well-fed childhood with parents who read to me and emphasized education. Had you plopped me down somewhere else on earth where I did not have that background or those advantages, and I can guarantee I’d be a VERY different person, and my eyes would still be blue.

August 21st, 2007 at 5:41 pm

tiger woods has brown eyes and he’s like the best golf player.

and this research makes the u.s. look stupid b/c a lot of asian people are smart. and i’ve never met a full asian person w/blue eyes.
it was a mistake on the scientists part to announce this terrible research.

August 22nd, 2007 at 3:13 pm

I think the great empires of Rome, Greece, Egypt and China
were largely populated by brown eyed people. I wondered what
happened to the great empire of Sweden. When people perform
surveys I wish they would ensure that the sample is representative.
If you were to correlate blue eyes vs intelligence in Hamburg
I’m sure you would get a different answer than if you performed
it in Beijing. I think if I were to correlate intelligence with
anything, I would suggest brain size. I’m sure you could
correlate intelligence with rectal diameter but I’m not sure
it would produce anything sensible apart from the crap that
comes out of tabloid analysis (pun intended)

August 23rd, 2007 at 10:31 am

Christina Aguilera DOES NOT wear contacts, she has natural blue eyes

September 28th, 2007 at 2:14 pm

Christina Aguilera wears contacts. As for intelligence, I think the only brown-eyed sample they took were blacks and hispanics. HAHAHAHAHA! Honestly, I think people should stop taking socio-economic factors as a valid social research tool, you have to take into account a more important factor: the ability to produce and maintain advanced levels of social development. Last I checked, this has only been expressed by Eurasian and near-Eastern people. And even then, the most advanced societies today are either European or Asian. As for crying about racism: Grow up! It’s a fact of life. Your rosey-eyed tolerant utopia is probably going to blow-up in your face. Further, I don’t believe there are any popular blue-eyed female pop-stars; they usually just brown-eyed skanks wearing contacts, most blue-eyed girls go to college to learn something. Except for Lindsay Lohan, poor dumb fuck, she just had to go and waste her time with ass-faced Paris and that dumb bitch Britney, both brown-eyed. You don’t see Asians pulling that kind of garbage though. I think it’s white people with brown eyes, blacks and mullato hispanics/amerindians that are the dumber race. If there’s a brown-eyed race worth remembering it’s the races of the far East. Ooooh. They don’t eat red meat and act like weekend cowboys like that brown-eyed white trash Duya Bush! Anyway, my blue eyes melt people. WHEEE!

October 6th, 2007 at 2:15 am

for a blue-eyed person who’ssuppposed to be smart…u sound kinda stupid actually….answer this..if all sense “has only been expressed by Eurasian and near-Eastern people”, then why were the european empires learning from the egyptians who i think were ahead of thm in science…why did the europeans only pick up on the earth bein round durin the renaissance when th egyptians i believe knew it long before..i just tryin to say…every society will have different developments dependin on it’senvironment. egypt was close to a river..africa is naturally one of the harshest environments to live in…and ppl were doin quite well there, they hav alot of problems there today becuz of slavery and its related issues like apartheid..same with india, they were taken advatage of…they cudn’t take advantage of the chinese becuz they tried,but the chinese were kinda weak, and it didn’t make economic sense to them…if white ppl had historically been livin in a continent as harsh as africa or antartica…they may not hav had many of the advances they do today.

November 8th, 2007 at 9:49 am

wow…people…thats not Paris…Thats christina aguilera…
[IMG]http://www.mix.fm/cgi-bin/freebies/epass_contest/images/6122007_Christina_BTB_Cover.JPG[/IMG]

April 1st, 2008 at 5:26 pm

This all comes down to race really. Blue eyed people are generally white and brown eyed can be any ethnicity really. When taking a sample of subjects, there are likely to be minorities that would fit into the brown-eyed category, whereas the blue-eyed category would be all whites. Stereotypes make people more likely to behave in a manner that fits into how they are perceived (i.e. blue-eyed/white people being better at golf, brown-eyed people/minorities being better at football). I am not saying this is a bad study or anything, but the color of our eyes comes from our genes, which needs to be taken into account.

May 23rd, 2008 at 9:50 pm

THIS ISNT RACIST THERE ARE ETNIC PEOPLE WITH BLUE EYES IGNORANT FOOL YOU PROBABLY HAVE BROWN EYES ^^ HEHEHEH WE DONT ONLY HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COLOR NOW ^^

August 10th, 2008 at 7:51 pm

Correlation does not imply causation. In order for this study to have any validity whatsoever, all of the other factors that might affect the intelligence measurement need to be factored out of the statistics, such as socio-economic status and literacy in the language and culture of the test environment.

OTOH, merely calling the study “racist” and declaring the notion to be false based merely on faith in your religion (Political Correctness) is also unsupportable. Is it sexist to believe that men are taller than women?

November 11th, 2008 at 3:56 pm

it seems to me as far as ive seen people with green eyes are the smartest, then brown, then blue. maybe thats why celebs are rely dumb sometimes.

November 21st, 2008 at 2:28 am

I’m no scientist, however, I don’t believe for a second that people with blue eyes are smarter than anyone else…. How can eye color depict the level of intelligence one can generate? There are other ethinicity types around the world that aren’t on the the blue eye list yet there are people of those backgrounds with blue eyes. So this study isn’t about race people. Don’t read too much into it, it’s about eye color not skin color. Every ethnicity on this Earth has an array of different eye colors…. Regardless, you are as intelligent as you allow yourself to be… The mind is like a muscle, use it or loose it.

November 21st, 2008 at 2:31 am

And I must say this… To everyone who may have proved that theory correct… That is Christina, not Paris.

jonny prick">jonny prick
March 26th, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Black people wit red eyez r the smartest cuz they know shit don’t matter when u stoned. Wot about people that got no eyez? They aren’t smart cuz they can’t even read so eyez is definitely important for bein smart, yeh? White people wit blue eyez is only clever cuz they got to stay in the house readin they boox cuz they get burned. If u think about it u see they blu eyez people is just albinos, that’s sum genetic mutation so maybe they got some gene wot makes them real clever too. One thing is sure, blu eyed bitches is tight and fit, but so is many brown eyez girls, and chinese too.

Vivek Golikeri">Vivek Golikeri
March 28th, 2009 at 5:33 am

I have nothing against humans of any color, and was embarassed by Brazilian President Lula Da Silva’s reckless comments. On one hand white racists seek to promote blue eyes as something better. On the other, anti-white racists use them as icons of hostility.

Ever consider that blue-eyed people doing better may be the result of a prejudiced society giving them better options or credit? My ancestors were horrified by blue eyes; the peoples of Asia saw them as symbolic of demons or evil spirits. I don’t think blue-eyed people would have fared too well in those societies where others shied away from them.

Please do not resurrect the race bogey. The only color behind this current fiscal mess is green — the color of money and envy. And it has the masses seeing red.

Thomas M. Young">Thomas M. Young
April 6th, 2009 at 10:42 am

A self-styled indie punk rock band hailing from New Jersey, the group which highlights “Angel Blue Eyes” with Tooth and Nail records. The five piece band which features the hit “Angel Blue Eyes” has been compared to such artists as Elvis Costello, the GoGo’s, and the Descendants. They have released three albums, including the More Than Motion, with the track “Angel Blue Eyes,” since their debut in the spring of 2000.

April 16th, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Christinas REAL eye colour is brown, look at her pics from before she was famous, her eyes were brown.

May 20th, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Wow people that are complaining about this. This is not saying that all brown eyed people are dumber then blue eyed people its saying that blue eyed people are most likely going to be smarter

May 24th, 2009 at 6:08 pm

I do believe it’s true that people with blonde eyes are generally more successful but not because of genetics. American society puts special emphasis on the beauty of blue eyes and so most people are predisposed to think that blue eyes are really more beautiful, thus giving us blue-eyed people an advantage making us more successful because of these prejudices. I’m not saying it has nothing to do with genetics, but it totally has something to do with society’s perceptions.

May 24th, 2009 at 6:09 pm

And another thing, why is it so difficult for people on here to use correct grammar? Goodness gracious, didn’t anybody here go to school?

June 21st, 2009 at 9:30 pm

That was so insulting! I have brown eyes and I’m smart and successful most of the times at least. >:[ It depends if you actually study in school and participate.

September 26th, 2009 at 10:31 pm

First, That is Christina Aguilera, NOT Paris Hilton. I don’t know why they confuse her when Christina is prettier and different-looking than Paris. Second, Christina doesn’t wear contact lenses. Her natural eyes are blue, although people say they were clear brown when she was a child (which is only a rumor to ruin her pretty face and career) Third, eye color doesn’t matter in intelligence evaluation.
I love Christina Aguilera, and we all know that her natural eye color is blue, but sometimes she does use blue/green contacts to enhance them. Come on, we all notice when someone uses contact lenses. You can see the natural eye color easily, and the pupil stays the same when they are fake. Christina Aguilera’s pupil goes smaller and bigger according to how much light there is, proving that they are natural and not fake as some people think. If you don’t believe me, put on a pair of clear-color contact lenses and look at them in the mirror. They will look fake and so unnatural. Change the amount of light there is in the room and you will see that the center of your eye goes smaller or bigger in size while the contact lenses stay the same, showing your eye color on the back. So people, just stop being jealous of her beautiful eyes and admire her beautiful face and music. She deserves it. Stop making stupid comments about her and accept her true beauty.

November 22nd, 2009 at 6:36 pm

I’m happy to be a member of the master race. Eat a dick you brown eyed fuckers. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

happyphantom">happyphantom
March 21st, 2010 at 10:11 pm

My eyes used to be dark brown, but have since gone light brown/two-tone hazel in adulthood (depending on the light), and may still be lightening, turning green. I guess that means my grades in school aren’t based on my hard work and effort, but because my eye color changed (despite that I had made honor roll in junior high…back when my eyes were chocolate brown…but that’s “irrelevant”). If they turn green, I’ll be “average in intelligence.” The social vanity aspect can be insulting, but not nearly as insulting as rating my intelligence and success by my eyes, not my mind…that is unless this study also found that our brains are actually in our eyeballs. Also my boyfriend has green eyes, and he’s undoubtedly one of the smartest people I’ve ever known.

happyphantom">happyphantom
March 21st, 2010 at 10:21 pm

To add I have nothing against blue eyes…they’re beautiful, just like the other colors. It’s just judging a person by such a shallow and petty feature is insulting to blue and brown alike. It’s like saying if a blue-eyed person works hard to succeed, it isn’t their effort that put them there, it’s their eye color. Otherwise, “they’d never make it, no matter the effort.”

April 6th, 2011 at 5:05 am

“Scientists who conducted the tests said brown-eyed people performed better at reaction time, but those with lighter eyes appeared to be better strategic thinkers”

This does not say blue-eyed people are smarter. The headline is just to provoke people into reading it.

I’m a brown eyed woman with pale skin, and have been graded as a much better strategic thinker than my blue eyed cohorts at college. Plus they lump all brown eyed people together regardless of race, whereas blue eyes typically happen with white people. What about white brown eyed people?

This “research” is bullshit.

April 29th, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Wrong, Christina Aguilera don’t wear contacts..she has natural blue eyes.. her mother has blue eyes as well…

August 24th, 2011 at 1:32 am

Hi dears;
The information which has been provided by U.S. scientists is really interesting and completely true, experience still has shown that those that they have blue eyes they are innovator, they are much capable and Smart they are also sensitive people. according to Psychological issues those that they are fair and have blue eyes they should marry with the fair and those that they have blue eyes because the child when bore he or she will be very smart.

August 24th, 2011 at 1:33 am

The people which has blue eyes they are really smart

August 24th, 2011 at 1:36 am

How ever i don’t have blue eyes but i say the investigation is true.

August 24th, 2011 at 1:39 am

That’s Great i have two child one has blue and other brown but the one which has blue eyes he is more smart.

August 27th, 2011 at 10:41 am

Ok, Einsten has brown eyes but guess what? It was contact lenses, his real eye color was blue! Carl Seagan has brow eyes but guess what? It was contact lenses, his real eye color was light green!
Come on, give us a break.

February 6th, 2012 at 9:09 am

In all of Christina aguileras Mickey mouse and younger pictures and videos her eyes look brown and her hair color looks dirty blond,brown.There is a new procedure that cost 5000 dollars where you can get a laser and get blue eyes so now research doesn’t matter since there will be tons of clones with new blue eyes running around with this new procedure.

December 11th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Yeah…this is bull. This is just like the whole, “blonds are stupid” thing. (Yes, “blonde” is also spelled without the “e”.) I’m one of the smartest and hardest working in all of my classes and have brown eyes. Most everyone I know has brown eyes, a lot of them are smart like me.

December 11th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I’m a very good strategic thinker than most others I know. I’m also very creative, with strategy or whatever!

December 11th, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I actually think brown eyes are most beautiful. I’m not jealous, I don’t like pale eyes.

kyra">
kyra">kyra
December 18th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

well i looked it up and i know your not jealous and nether am i but blue eyes are peaceful kind smart and most have lasting long relation ships those who have dark blue eyes are spiritual.Brown eyes are considered attractive, confident and adorable. they are independent people who loves to make new friends. if you want to learn more go to this what are people with blue eyes like and once you get there and go to

kyra">
kyra">kyra
December 18th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

eye color and your personality traits.

kyra">
kyra">kyra
December 18th, 2012 at 5:03 pm

and by the way i have blue eyes

February 24th, 2013 at 11:45 am

I have blue eyes. And I still think this research was a big waste of time.

May 14th, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I have blonde hair and blue eyes and am smarter then all my brown eyed family members. I was on the honor roll and had a scholarship. I’ve seen/had conversations with a lot of brown eyed, brown/black haired people who aren’t very smart either. You need to throw in the green eyed people as well. The studies need to be corroborated with same IQ with different hair/eye color and have them figure something out they never learned. True intelligent comes from what you can do on your own without being taught.

January 1st, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Well the U.S are WRONG!!!(no afence to the U.S) But I have blue eyes and I’ll admit that I’m not the smartest,I wouldn’t say I’m stupid but I also wouldn’t say I’m the smartest person either!;) How does eye colour deside who smart you will be?! Eye colour is just a colour of your eye,it doesn’t make a difference to ur life!! Just bcoz u have blue eyes,doesn’t make u smarter and just bcoz u had brown eyes doesn’t make u stupid! Sure look at it this way lots of girls with blue eyes dye der hair blonde and r known as blond bimbos!;) not all blonde hair blue eyed girls are like that but the ones that are choose to be like that!! Asian people are considered the smartest people and THEY ALL HAVE BROEN EYES!!! I like any colour eyes so, U.S people who said this obviously need to get ther facts straight be4 saying this stuff!!

January 14th, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Eye color doesn’t really sum it up if a person is smart or not. Or even if one eye color is smarter than the other. This is ridiculous. Every eye color is smart and it just depends what person who you really are. Eye color is nothing but a unique color.