Maggie Gyllenhaal hates the paps.

maggie_gyllenhaal04_465d69adc77b21.jpg

Maggie Gyllenhaal gets so angry with photographers trying to take pictures of her baby daughter Ramona, she often “gives them the finger.” Gyllenhaal and her fiance Peter Sarsgaard welcomed Ramona into the world in October 2006 and the family quickly became targets for snappers, vying for exclusive pictures of the newborn.

And the star admits she is still struggling to come to terms with the invasion of privacy.

She fumes,

“I don’t want them to take my daughter’s picture, it really upsets me, I can’t bear it. They were so horrible when she was born. They tried to take pictures of me in labor as I was going to the hospital.

“They called the fire department on our building to get us to come outside when she was five days old. It’s silly to give them the finger, but we get so frustrated.”

maggie_gyllenhaal04_465d69adc77b2.jpg

Thursday, August 2nd, 2007 at 6:18pm
Filed under Maggie Gyllenhaal | 29 Comments

Comments

Comments

August 2nd, 2007 at 7:44 pm

Interesting how Maggie doing that means she hates the paparazzi yet if Britney would have done that there would be 4 paragraphs on how deranged and sick she must be.

August 2nd, 2007 at 8:03 pm

get over yourselfe maggie. i hate this bitches. if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen…you chose this lifestyle you twat.

August 2nd, 2007 at 8:13 pm

well karen you do know that britney is crazy and is bipolar, i know that for a fact because people say so, so it must be true….lol!!!! i completely agree with you karen, and as a britney fan who is really cheering her on and hoping for the best, i am glad that people are finally starting to see that a majority of what is written about her is just a bunch of LIES…unless there’s proof why do people believe everything they read???

August 2nd, 2007 at 8:23 pm

Maggie, so CLASSY! NOT!

August 2nd, 2007 at 9:17 pm

She is such a pretentious little snob.

August 2nd, 2007 at 11:09 pm

okay, you hate when the paparazzi try to take pictures of your baby……we get it……..but in this picture, you are ALONE and still giving the finger!!!! is it b/c you don’t want anyone to see your hideous shorts, weird shirt, ugly hat combo?!?!?

August 3rd, 2007 at 3:49 am

I agree with Maggie on this one. The paps are absolutely obnoxious. There is no need to do the horrible things they did to her. They shouldn’t be allowed to take pics of and post pics of celeb babies. I’d be pissed too.

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:28 am

I agree with Maggie too. You guys don’t know if one of the paps said something really nasty to her. They do that a lot to get a reaction and sometimes you just crack. I’d do the same thing. Give her a break. How many of you give the finger driving home in rush hour traffic?

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:56 am

She should be grateful, she is so homely, boring and challenging to photograph looking sexy, clean or in a pleasing manner., it’s a wonder they bother.

August 3rd, 2007 at 11:09 am

She doesn’t want their attention and yet every chance she gets, she whips her entire boob out in front of them under the guise of breastfeeding. She doesn’t even attempt to be discreet about it. Maggie it is possible to breastfeed without giving everyone a “show”. Stupid fame-whore. I don’t know why the paps would want pictures of her. She looks like her face got smashed into a wall and she walks with a slouch.

August 3rd, 2007 at 11:09 am

Uh, didn’t i see pictures of her awhile back sitting at an outdoor cafe breastfeeding her baby? She didn’t really seem to be hating THAT attention. Exhibitionist hypocrite.

August 3rd, 2007 at 11:22 am

Peter Sarsgaard must be praying for the sweet release of death by now.

August 3rd, 2007 at 11:24 am

What an UGLY ACTRESS!
Why do the paps even bother with her- no one wants to see her.
I’m surprised she even gets acting jobs, she’s so ugly.

August 3rd, 2007 at 11:36 am

Love Maggie, love that she’s not worried about her image. Jesus, she’s a real person. Would you want to walk around all day living your life (outsie work) and deal with paps taking pictures of you on your phone with your mom or a friend? If she were one of the idiot attention-freak, pseudo actresses who “chose this lifestyle” and bask in having their agent call whenever they take a dump at the local BP station, I could see why this would bother those of you who are calling her a snob. But she’s not. She seems to be pretty serious about acting and we all know that the less we know about an actor in their personal life, the easier it is to see them and believe them in the roles they choose. Why don’t they leave the ones who don’t want their pictures taken alone?

cCD">
cCD">cCD
August 3rd, 2007 at 11:39 am

I don’t understand how calling the fire department in someone’s building, so that they and their family would be unnecessarily forced to exit onto the street is part and parcel of being an actress.

A mother has every right to protect her privacy and the safety of her child. She has every right to choose to not want to be paparazzi fodder, despite what her job is. Some paparazzi tactics are too intrusive.

Also: most people think of Britney as courting the attention – deliberately going to places where she knows they’ll be paparazzi, doing odd things, like jumping into the sea – that’s why she is labeled crazy. Even though I don’t agree, I think she’s just lost and wish her luck with her comeback.

August 3rd, 2007 at 12:14 pm

I love the people who call her an “exhibitionist” or “hypocrite” or even that her breastfeeding is a “guise.” I, personally, would be pretty pissed off too if someone called the fire dept so as to get pictures of my newborn.
I HIGHLY doubt that she breastfeeds in public to get attention or to get the paps to take pics of her. Come on now…you seriously believe that??? I’m pretty sure she breastfeeds in public because her child needs to be fed and she’s not ashamed to do so. Not being ashamed of something does NOT = exhibitionism!

August 3rd, 2007 at 12:36 pm

I love this woman just because she does this. I just had a baby too. And I get nervous if anyone gets near her, I could imagine big hairy dudes ringing my doorbell and jumping out of the bushes taking pictures. I’d call the cops. But since she’s got talent and we all want to ogle that, she can’t call the cops on creepy guys in her bushes? That there is f’ed up!

August 3rd, 2007 at 12:39 pm

No I would not like it if the paps were chasing me all day and that is why I have not made any effort what so ever to be famous. This girl made a choice. She comes from money so she easily could have gone to college and done something else with her life. Everyone knows that this is what happens when you get famous and therefore if this is what you chose, suck it up.

August 3rd, 2007 at 12:49 pm

She is not a pretty girl N she should B happy her pix R taken @ all.

August 3rd, 2007 at 1:47 pm

I think it looks stupid when people give the finger with their thumb pointing out – it’s like a half-assed version of the finger.

DiRTyBuNNy">DiRTyBuNNy
August 3rd, 2007 at 2:52 pm

If bitch doesn’t want her picture taken then don’t go outside, stop doing movies and then just effin kill yourself by drinking bleach..

–Mr. DB

August 3rd, 2007 at 3:44 pm

I cant blame her. The photographers are unrelenting. I loved her in Mona Lisa Smile. Fa-bu-lous!

August 3rd, 2007 at 5:24 pm

Her reaction is, hands down, the most normal reaction to paparazzi that a person can offer. The paparazzi are ridiculous in their efforts to bait celebrities to achieve compromising photos. I’ve met Maggie, in both a work and casual scenario, and she was both kind and engaging. Screw you fuckers.

August 3rd, 2007 at 7:03 pm

I agree with Twinmom!! If she didn’t want paps photographing her and her kid then why in the hell does she whip her tits out in public places (CROWDED at that) to breastfeed? That’s just ASKING for attention. She needs to re-evaluate herself….

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:39 pm

Bitch is lucky anyone wants to take her picture. She’s ugly and a shitty actress. Oh and she has saggy boobs.

August 3rd, 2007 at 9:39 pm

You guys are kind of dumb. If someone called in false fire reports to try to get me out of my house, I’d be flicking them off every chance I had.

August 4th, 2007 at 4:16 pm

Her parents work and have worked in hollywood for a long time. (nepotism is the real reason why Maggie or her brother work at all) She knew what she was getting into when she decided to be an actress in Hollywood. If she really wanted to act for the love of it and wanted to be left alone by the photographers she would work off Broadway or even on Broadway. Actors who stick to the stage don’t have to deal with this. It is all about accepting the consequences of the choices one makes. Deal with it.

August 4th, 2007 at 10:07 pm

She was breast feeding…really little children, it’s a breast, who cares. Calling the fire department to have them evacuate the building with a newborn is dangerous and wrong. I’d be flipping stones at the idiots, not just fingers.

August 4th, 2007 at 10:39 pm

BettaThanEwe said:

“You all just don’t like her because she’s not as ‘pretty’ as the plastic princesses.”

She’s not AS pretty???? She’s NOT pretty at all! Have you seen her face? Maggie Gyllenhag needs to keep her tits covered in public or people may lose their lunch. She’s a fucking bulldog.