It was just as everyone expected when we all heard the news of Peaches Geldof’s untimely passing. The coroner’s report has come back and it has been confirmed that she passed as the result of a heroin overdose.
Prior to her death, she had been taking methadone for two years. During that time, she was trying to reduce her dependency on that drug. She was found with a pair of tights underneath her body along with heroin in a black bag in a spare bedroom.
The coroner noted that he found a high concentration of heroin in her body. He noted that heroin users “develop a tolerance to the drug, and such individuals can use doses that would be toxic, or fatal, to people with no tolerance.”
To that, he added that tolerance “appears to be lost fairly rapidly when users cease to use the drug, and deaths commonly occur in people who have previously been tolerant and have returned to using heroin.”
The coroner’s report concluded, “There is no indication that any other third party was present or involved in her death and there is no indication that Peaches intended to take her own life or harm herself in any way as she was reported to be of happy disposition and planning for the future with friends and family.”