Jessica Simpson will appear on the season finale of Project Runway as the guest judge! Here she is leaving the Project Runway show this afternoon in NYC!
In a shimmering gray mini-dress, Simpson joined judges Michael Kors, Nina Garcia and Heidi Klum on the catwalk, then got down to business, evaluating the looks of the show’s finalists. But since only six Runway episodes have aired so far on Lifetime, all 10 of the remaining designers presented collections so that the results of the finale will not be revealed.
Mondo‘s collection was full of pink and polka dots, while Gretchen went with more muted tones.Valerie‘s playful dresses and vests were right out of a Katy Perry video, and her pal Ivy presented a beach-inspired collection. Andy, April, Casanova, Christopher, Michael C. and Michael D. shared their lines, as well.
One of this season’s “Project Runway” contestants, Emilio Sosa, designed Heidi Klum’s latest red carpet look. At the L.A. premiere of “The Back-Up Plan” last night, Heidi wore a shorter version of his dress (we know she likes showing off her legs). What great timing considering the Runway finale airs tonight.
For the “Runway” challenge, designers had to create a dress that would be worn by a celebrity at a future red carpet event. It was later revealed that Heidi was the mystery celebrity.
Two winners were actually named in the April 1 episode. Heidi decided to wear Emilio’s slinky, strapless, shimmery gold gown, while guest judge Jessica Alba picked Anthony William’s breezy, beautiful black and white gown.
Project Runway heads back to the Big Apple to kick off the new season! Catch the Project Runway Season 7 premiere on Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 10/9C only on Lifetime. That’s tomorrow night!!
PROJECT RUNWAY, SEASON 7 Kick-Off Prize Pack!
Estimated ARV = $165
(1) Messenger Bag – Made with Vinyl from Season 7 Billboards (Items included in bag listed below)
- Umbrella (Black with Project Runway and Lifetime Logos)
- iPhone Cover (Black Silicone with Project Runway Logo)
- Blackberry Cover (Black Silicone with Project Runway Logo)
- Long Sleeve shirt with hood (Black with Project Runway logo and cityscape on back)
- Scarf (Black with Project Runway logo as pattern)
- Wrist Pin Cushion (apple shaped pin cushion with Project Runway logo and elastic wrist strap)
WINNER IS: Deserae
Please watch your email and respond within 48 hours!