Lisa Ann Russell and Survivor host Jeff Probst said, “I do,” PEOPLE confirms exclusively.
The pair married Monday in front of family and friends in an intimate ceremony at a private Los Angeles residence, says a spokesperson for the couple.
This is the second marriage for both. Russell, 40, shares custody of two children with Franklin & Bash actor Mark-Paul Gosselaar, 38, who got engaged to advertising executive Catriona McGinn this summer.
Posted Thursday, December 8th, 2011 at 11:11am
Filed under Jeff Probst
Survivor host Jeff Probst has signed on to host a one-hour daytime talk show for CBS!
The Emmy winner will begin his foray into daytime TV in the fall of 2012!
“I’m fascinated with human nature and thrilled that this show will allow me the opportunity to connect with real people and explore their stories on a personal level,” Probst said in a statement. “As I continue with Survivor, I am excited to extend my relationship with CBS with this new adventure in the world of daytime.” Probst has talk show experience, filling in for both Regis Philbin on Live With Regis and Kelly and Larry King on Larry King Live. The new show will cover everything from newsmakers to ordinary families in extraordinary circumstances.
With Survivor now filming its 23rd and 24th seasons in Samoa, many have wondered how long that show will continue. Since the program now films both of its installments during the summer, Probst could pull double duty and continue to host the reality franchise into fall 2012 and beyond while also doing his new talk show. Or, the still untitled new venture could end up being his transition off the island.
I don’t care what he does as long as they don’t cancel Survivor. It is still one of my favorite shows! I don’t know how they manage to do it – but it just never gets old! I’ve not missed a single one of the 22 seasons!
Posted Monday, June 27th, 2011 at 1:13pm
Filed under Jeff Probst
Good news, Survivor fans: Jeff Probst, whose contract on the CBS hit reality show was expiring, has decided not to snuff his own torch…yet. The host tells EW.com he will be back on the show past the season’s 20th edition, Heroes vs. Villains (which kicks off Thursday night at 8pm). “What has kept me interested in Survivor for 20 seasons is the study of human nature,” says Probst. “How we justify our ethics, and watching what happens to people when they are put in situations of extreme conflict. Sometimes it’s hard to watch, and sometimes it’s enjoyable to watch, but it is always interesting to watch.”
But, like any good Survivor story, this one has a twist. When Probst renewed his contract in the past (after seasons 12 and 16), it was for four cycles over two years. His latest renewal, however, covers only seasons 21 and 22 and will expire in 2011. While that would seem to indicate that the host is ready to finally call it quits and take his act elsewhere next spring, Probst insists that is not necessarily the case. “I’m not approaching this as my last year of Survivor,” says Probst. “I was just comfortable taking it one year at a time. It certainly made it easier for me to just commit to one year and then we can revisit it again next year if everybody wants to.” [Could Survivor continue if Probst hangs up his snuffer, plus more after the jump.]
As for what factor Live for the Moment (the CBS reality pilot-turned-special that Probst created and hosted) may have played in his decision to return, Probst admits that the show opened his eyes to several things — both good and bad —but played no role in his deciding to come back: “Live for the Moment showed me how fun it is to do something new and to explore new topics. It also is a great reminder that it is very, very difficult to get a show on the air, let alone find an audience. But I want to be clear: It had nothing to do with whether I was coming back to Survivor or not. This was just taking a moment after 10 years to take a look at my future, and where I saw it going, and what I wanted to do with it, before signing my contract.”
Still, with Probst showing a desire to try his hand at different projects (like Live for the Moment and filling for Regis Philbin on Live with Regis and Kelly), and now only signing up for a one-year commitment, one has to wonder if his days of informing unlucky contestants that “the tribe has spoken” are nearing an end. And whether the show could continue without him. On that last subject, Probst has no doubts: “I have always said that my belief is that the star of Survivor is Survivor: It is the format. So yes, if there came a point where I decided I was leaving Survivor, I absolutely believe someone else could take over.” Thanks to his new contract, it will be at least a year before we find out if he’s right.
Posted Tuesday, February 9th, 2010 at 7:07am
Filed under Jeff Probst