SAD! Dwayne Johnson’s puppy died after eating a toxic mushroom

Comments 0
Posted by:

SAD! Dwayne Johnson's puppy died after eating a toxic mushroom

At the end of the summer, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and his family adopted two French Bulldog puppies named Hobbs and Brutus. According to his post on social media, he had to take Brutus to the vet’s office after he ingested a toxic mushroom. Unfortunately for the Johnson family, they had to make the tough decision to end his suffering.

Dwayne shared on Instagram:

Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime

Poor guy. Hope he’s enjoying life across the Rainbow Bridge 🙁


Posted by:
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 at 9:09am
Filed under Dwayne Johnson | No Comments


Add Your Comment

  • First-time commenter? A confirmation email will be sent to you after you post your comment.

  • Please check your inbox ... your comment will not appear until you have confirmed your identity via email.

Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry.
Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.

Follow ICYDK