Minnie Driver quits Twitter over bikini bullying

FFN_Driver_Minnie_VEM_SBMF_040814_51377492

Minnie Driver is a beautiful woman and looks great not only for her age, but for ANY age. However, some people didn’t seem to think so and after paparazzi shots of her in a bikini during a recent vacation popped up online, she started receiving nasty messages on Twitter about her body, causing her to leave Twitter for good.

“God some people are horrible,” the About a Boy star tweeted to her 81,000-plus followers. “You try being photographed when you don’t know it’s happening, when you’re on holiday with your kids.” The actress was photographed in Miami with her 5-year-old son Henry, playing in the pool and walking across the beach in a pretty printed bikini.

At 44, the British star looked stunning in the swimsuit, baring her toned physique and six-pack. Despite her impressive physique, some critics still directed negative, body-bullying comments towards the Oscar nominee.

“I’m out of this Twittersphere for a while,” Driver tweeted in response. “It’s too mean sometimes, about your body , about your soul. Not worth it.”

I’ve never really understood why some people get off on being mean to others online – especially to celebrities who you don’t even know, but there you have it. It’s a shame that she felt like she had to leave, but social media can be more trouble than it’s worth, so I’m with Minnie on this one.

FFN_Driver_Minnie_VEM_SBMF_040814_51377495

FFN_Driver_Minnie_VEM_SBMF_040814_51377500

Photos: FameFlynet / Source

Tags: , , , , ,

Friday, April 11th, 2014 at 11:11am
Filed under Minnie Driver | 9 Comments

Comments

Comments

April 11th, 2014 at 11:31 am

I don’t think she was in About a Boy! Actually, I’m quite sure of it!

April 11th, 2014 at 1:17 pm

She’s in the show about a boy, not the movie.

I hate when people body bash. I’d like to see what they look like. I think she looks strong, fit and healthy.

April 11th, 2014 at 1:23 pm

It’s a show now based off the movie with the same title About a Boy. She plays the mother. Research works wonders.

April 11th, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I guess some people just expect overly photoshopped pictures of the Kartrashians and Beyoncé.

April 11th, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Haha! That’s a “stunning” “toned physique” with a “six pack”? Good grief. I’m also 44. If she’s stunning then I’m downright perfect, because I look much better than that, and I would never be caught dead in a bikini. I honestly thought she was in her 50s.

April 12th, 2014 at 3:11 am

1. You’re a celeb, deal with it. Noone forced u to put ur pics on Twitter.
2. Truth hurts and its good. Her body looks older and worse than a 44 year old’s. Again deal with it, dear Minnie….

April 12th, 2014 at 11:45 am

Oh, look! There are mean people here, too! Shocking! She looks just fine!

April 12th, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Jesus, she looks JUST FINE. I’m betting the bodies of those throwing judgment at MD are younger and a hundred times “uglier” because of their attitudes towards women’s bodies. People are so disgusting!

April 14th, 2014 at 7:27 am

When things like this happen, it honestly makes me sick. She is at the beach, enjoying time with her family. Who cares what her body looks like? I don’t understand WHY people care.