Reese Witherspoon posts glib picture of herself in paradise, saying it’s “the only way to parent”

I, for one, can attest that this is NOT, in fact, the only way to parent. Just seeing this picture, and reading her caption kind of makes me want to punch her in the face. Yes, we know your life is fabulous. Yes, we know you can afford to go HERE for vacation. But not all of us can, and I’m pretty sure we’re doing okay parenting ourselves (but ask my kids in 10 years).

Anyway, back to the privileged life of Reese Witherspoon. The 37-year-old tweeted the picture above from her vacation in the Bahamas. She wrote, “The only way to parent #Bahamamama.” The pictures show Reese’s feet up next to her infinity pool, overlooking the ocean, next to her son’s bottle.

In another picture, she took a picture of the book she’s reading, The Art Forger by B.A. Shapiro. She captioned, “My new beach read. #Theartforger Anyone know how it ends?”

Now back to MY mundane life.

Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 at 3:15pm
Filed under Reese Witherspoon | 19 Comments

Comments

Comments

August 22nd, 2013 at 4:04 pm

She is all sorts of unlikable. Ugh.

August 22nd, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Ahh I think its cute. And she takes her kids on her vacation and is caring for them herself. What mom wouldn’t love snuggling with baby by a pool?

August 22nd, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I think it is totally obnoxious.. What a braggart bletch…

August 22nd, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Why can’t she make a sarcastic comment without someone making it out like she’s a bitch? I make stupid, untrue statements all the time- “I have the worst headache, ever”, “I could eat a cow right now, I’m so hungry”….She’s being silly and she shouldn’t have to apologize for enjoying her life.

August 22nd, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I didn’t get the feeling she said “the only way to parent” in a bitchy, rich person kind of way. She hasn’t really seemed like the kind of person who flaunts her wealth and looks down on other people.

August 22nd, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Nah…she’s totally normal and NEVER bitchy, not even when she gets pulled over for a DUI and tells the arresting officer, in i’m assuming a not so bitchy voice, “you will know who i M 2moro” pahlease…she’s back in the saddle rubbing it in to all of us unfortunates who save lives everyday and take care of ailing family hands-on. Yea…she’s super sweet. Think i just threw up in my mouth…so sad…another one bites the dust…zero respect for her now…and btw Reese miss RichyMcRich…get ur toes fixed babe…not a fabulous look for ya…fat bloated red toenails = too many vodka tonics hidden in a baby bottle…been there slim…

August 22nd, 2013 at 7:33 pm

why so jealous of the rich?

August 22nd, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I don’t think she was actively trying to be ridiculous, it just happens naturally for her.

August 22nd, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Yeah, Facebook and twitter are full of people posting stuff like this. I’m not a Witherspoon fan but I don’t see her doing anything anybody else doesn’t do on other social media. She gets called out cause she’s got money. Well, she worked for it, so she can spend it as she wishes.

August 22nd, 2013 at 10:42 pm

The pic is a joke.

August 22nd, 2013 at 10:52 pm

she’s so incredibly boring

August 22nd, 2013 at 11:07 pm

…wait…did someone say she “worked” for it? Hahahahahahaha ok…explain how ezactly this person has “worked”. Lmao! She works? Sure…and mars is inhabited by humans. Jebus lord do these kids even read now a days? Lemme guess, you have no job take maybe 3 college credits a semester, live with mommy and daddy and work as a waitress part time? So need to be an FBI profiler…anyway, good luck kid…

August 22nd, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I sounded so cool but meant * have no skills. Oops. Too harsh anyway, i’m not a hater, just really really think the tax brackets should be amended. And this princess should actually have to “work” to keep a license like the rest of us. Make these celebrities maintain an “active” license like healthcare workers. Complete so many education hours a year to keep it and pay for it. Why should i have to “pay fees” to work in healthcare and pay the state for my license and the city for my yearly 30 continuing education credits when i make crap and have a masters degree in healthcare? ? Why not charge these self entiltled so called “actors” a fee for a license, make them comtribute to society like i have to on minimal wages. Reap some of the benefits already. Let people who save lives make millions…teachers who teach children to save lives make millions….screw these jerks who can “act” it’s nothig more than cogratuating a petty thief…give your $$ to physicians and teachers and nurses. Stop wasting $$ on stupid films and losers sitting by a pool mocking you. We need to stop the insanity and quit going to the theatre. Quit paying to watch sports. Pay a physician who has worked for 36 hours to SAVE A LIFE what else is more precious? Sorry for the rant. Dear god spend your $$$ on something worthy like education, the planet, healthcare, NOT EVER entertainment. Then in a few years i can tell Mrs. Witherspoon to curb her appetite, exercise and get a pedi :-P

August 23rd, 2013 at 4:42 am

For the record, I didn’t care for her behavior during her arrest. Actors are overpaid, period, and don’t deserve it. But EVERYONE on social media has a touch of narcissism. We all could probably examine our posting histories and find a bunch of similar, glib comments. Yes, she’s rich; it’s not her fault most of us can’t enjoy similar luxuries.

August 23rd, 2013 at 7:02 am

We all know she’s a bitch, let’s admit it :)

August 23rd, 2013 at 7:24 am

Reese Witherspoon is tearing us apart.

August 23rd, 2013 at 9:52 am

Ok Vermithrax, you just made my day.

For everyone giving her crap can you honestly say you don’t have a single media photo doing something fun with the effects of “this is the life”?

Leave my Reese alone, she had me at Man on the Moon.

August 23rd, 2013 at 10:44 am

Good for her for even taking her children on vacation with her instead of leaving them home with a nanny. I would have said the same exact thing had I taken the picture. It’s a freaking joke, and nothing more. It’s your choice to follow her via twitter or social media. If you dislike her, don’t publish it and be done with it.

August 23rd, 2013 at 11:36 am

I’m doing some serious eyerolling at all the clueless ones who think Reese didn’t bring the nanny along. I’ve seen pap pics of the nanny carrying the child to a birthday party from car to front door, a mere few steps, because “Do-you-know-who-I-am” Witherspoon needed the paps to get a clear shot of the $10,000 designer handbag she was toting. Notice you don’t see the actual baby in this picture because the nanny is probably changing his diaper after she finished feeding him his bottle. As you can see in the next picture Reese posted, she’s all about props, baby bottle included!