Brad Pitt’s friend opens up about when he left Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Jolie, “Brad was ready to soar when he met Angie”

According to Jean Black, a makeup artist and friend of Brad Pitt, has revealed that the ‘World War Z’ actor and his ex-wife are ….. friends!

Jean has known Brad since 1990, and stood by Brad through his divorce from Jennifer Aniston. The couple divorced in 2005 after being married for five years, and being together for seven. Shortly after his divorce, he started dating Angelina Jolie, and then she announced she was pregnant with his biological child, Shiloh, in 2006.

“I think Brad was ready to soar when he met Angie,” Black said of his meeting Jolie on the set of “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” back in 2004. “This is not to say anything negative about Jennifer. I was part of that and I know that he and Jennifer are very good friends and he cared deeply for her.”

“But in Angie,” Black continued, “he saw a very adventurous person who was grabbing on to life and taking it to its nth degree. It was intriguing because I felt Brad had that in him and wanted to unleash it.”

The 49-year-old actor has not been hush-hush when it comes to his years with Aniston or his love for Jolie. In the new issue of Esquire magazine, Pitt gushes about how he hasn’t “known life to be any happier” while reflecting on the days he was married to the “Friends” star. CONTINUE READING…

“For a long time I thought I did too much damage -– drug damage,” he said. “I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing. I spent years f**king off. But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago. It was an epiphany -– a decision not to squander my opportunities. It was a feeling of get up. Because otherwise, what’s the point?”

Some perceived this as Pitt indirectly slamming Aniston — something he did more directly in a 2011 Parade interview when he said he got sick of his “pathetic” 90s self. Adding, “I think that my marriage [to actress Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn’t.”

For her part, the soon-to-be-married Aniston has stayed above the scrutiny surrounding her ex-husband and doesn’t say much about the relationship. Last March, however, she did tell InStyle magazine that headlines about a feud between her, Pitt and Angelina is “a story that has nothing to do with reality.”

Friday, May 24th, 2013 at 2:14pm
Filed under Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt | 28 Comments

Comments

Comments

Annemarie">Annemarie
May 24th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

ya i read he was so bored with Jennifer Aniston he sat at home and smoked weed all day lol…

Allie">
Allie">Allie
May 24th, 2013 at 3:15 pm

he’s happy, and that’s all that matters. Jen deserves her happiness too. It’s good to see she’s finally moved on.

May 24th, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I can’t believe all these years later the press still goes on and on about this. It is crystal clear that all parties involved have moved on. Maybe the press should too?

May 24th, 2013 at 7:13 pm

It seems that Jen must have done something to really push him toward his consistent comments about how better off he is now. He has a team helping him articulate every public comment he makes and there is no need to insinuate that he was so unhappy while being with her. I would think differently except for the W spread he did with Angie—basically showcasing their plans for a large family with the ink on the divorce papers still wet. Despite the press’s insistency on creating a feud, it seems Brad continually feeds it. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Angie has something to do with it because I do believe she controls the media’s portrayal of their relationship. That being said, I’m glad both parties seem to be happier in the present. However, I think he could relate that without creating a time-table about his growth factor as it relates to who his significant other was at the time.

May 24th, 2013 at 11:22 pm

It has always seemed that.

May 25th, 2013 at 1:32 am

Yeah, he never sounds too fond of his time with Jen!

jody">
jody">jody
May 25th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

angie and brad are two famewhore fakes – not a drop of talent between them

Cathy Day">Cathy Day
May 25th, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I hate that everything Brad says gets twisted to be about Jen!!

Allie">
Allie">Allie
May 25th, 2013 at 11:13 pm

They weren’t a good match.

shari">
shari">shari
May 26th, 2013 at 7:32 pm

It’s time to move on from Jen.

Jen">
Jen">Jen
May 26th, 2013 at 10:44 pm

All Brad does now is lie around smoking a bong and drinking, how’s that adventurous?

June 9th, 2013 at 5:05 am

I dont really care about star’s and their private lives….However I find this situation interesting, I think theyre more a model in soceity regarding affairs and choices….
Two attractive yet very different ladies.
I agree Angelina seems more adventurous, daring, unique and a risk opposed to Jennifer portrayed a perfect, proper, safe and tradtional…..

Im happy Brad followed his heart, he seems content and still very confident about his decision….. Instead of continuing on in a marriage that he clearly wasnt commited too.
This comment may make some traditionalists upset, because its not the normal respectable response theyd like!

Happiness is freedom, Angelina was obviously worth the risk:) Its 2013 over 93% of males cheat in marriages…. Urs is probably not the 7%! So Id leave and not turn back let him be happy and have his Angelina, Go find ur Brad, George whoever… I dont reccomend Arnold lol:)

July 23rd, 2013 at 2:29 am

Brad married jen after being with her for two years… eight years later and Angie is still waiting for her ring.

October 21st, 2013 at 10:40 am

Sorry, but Aniston DID slam Jolie, she is not above this. She also slammed Pitt in another interview. I can’t blame Pitt for chosing Jolie over Aniston. Jolie is full of life and a mom of six. Aniston still hangs with her Hollyweird only friends, doens’t really seem to care about kids etc.

November 9th, 2013 at 9:22 pm

who cares, people break up everyday.
if jen was so good then brad would never have left.

November 9th, 2013 at 9:24 pm

women better hold on to their husbands when jolie is around, ha ha ha.
they are all twisted

February 3rd, 2014 at 9:29 pm

all first of all he didn’t divorce jen and then start dating Angie and then knock her up. He was married to Jen, had an affair with AJ, knocked her up, divorced Jen, then adopted Maddox and then Zahara before Shiloh was even born. Brad and Angie never really dated ever. Unless sneaking around and fucking when your married is dating. I love that Jen refuses to say a word. They really seem to want to provoke her into some white trash scene but she refuses. I love her so much for that. I think B & A NEED to believe Jen still hurts over Brad because their relationship just doesn’t sizzle unless someone else is hurt. They are foolish sickening people.

February 3rd, 2014 at 9:30 pm

that’s all he does now.

February 3rd, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Just because someone has kids does NOT make them better or less selfish than someone who does not. By that rationale Octomom is better than Oprah. Kate Gosselin is better than Helen Mirren. B & A fans are just the stupidest people on earth. I thought the teaparty was dumb.

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
February 4th, 2014 at 7:46 am

I agree with you eljeran!

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
February 4th, 2014 at 7:47 am

LOL Eljeran

March 4th, 2014 at 11:36 am

Sorry to burst the illusion bubble here but these are Brad’s official words on this very subject after that interview went live. Taken from Perez’s website:

‘… this is what his (Brad’s) PR peeps sent over to us, clarifying his comments:
“It grieves me that this was interpreted this way. Jen is an incredibly giving, loving, and hilarious woman who remains my friend. It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself – and that, I am responsible for.”

July 10th, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Check out the photo shown here of Anniston with Brad — – it’s her old face!! Not the neutrogena face we’ve come to know. New nose, softened chin, lips, no more lower face creases. Amazing what they can do!!! Just takes lots of $$$$.

July 28th, 2014 at 5:07 pm

If things wasnt going right you should’ve left along time ago instead of staying for like 12years. .so I dont want to hear that shit…and jolie, what type of female would mess with a married man Jennifer shouldve whipped your ass…………jolie doesnt know if she’s gay or straight. .that’s the adventure brad is talking about… is he really in love or love the fact who jolie daddy is…”good for business”

July 28th, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Dont talk shit about Jennifer cause she’s a nice person and she didnt deserve that…she wasnt that bad of a person if you and her was together for 7years and married for 5 more years..12years you was with her…ppl dont be with someone for like 12years and then realized she wasnt the one, you knew from day one so I dont want to hear that shit…Jennifer shouldve whipped that ass….wasting both of our time shit somebody wouldve gotten their ass whipped..

August 28th, 2014 at 11:22 am

i think jolie is adopting these child out of gulit if what c has done to jennifer..they r tryin to wash their sin by doing gud deeds n so that they eud come out guddy guddy infront of everyone after doing sch bad thing..clever bitch..

August 28th, 2014 at 11:27 am

i think jolie adopted those children out of guilt after what c has done to jennifer..they r trying to wash their sins of extra marital affair by doin gud deeds..they wants to appear guddy guddy infront to other so that ppl will forgive n forget what they have done to jennifer..clever bitch..lol

September 23rd, 2014 at 4:04 am

It’s all a truckload of B.S., & makes me feel angry & sad @ the same time.
…,but I do sense & feel that J.A., although a very talented comedy actress with an astounding work ethic, is also a very high maintenance person a tad on the too emotionally needy/demanding side.
& my perception of B.P. is that he was more than a tad on the dishonest, weak, gutless & spineless side, (@ the time) – ie. back then, who then went on to get belatedly real – unfortunately @ J.A.’s emotional & psychological expense.
They were to me,like deja vue of Robert Redford & Barbara Streisand in ‘The Way We Were’ – only in real life versus in a make believe movie.
As for A.J. – she may be having a similiar experience to K.H./T.C. – ie. careful what you wish for, ’cause if you get it, you’ll have to live with it – we’ll never know – it’s in the ‘vault’!
+ I fully realize my perception of all 3 of them & the whole ‘ancient history’ scenario, maybe totally wrong.
Blame me even participating in this nonsense on re-runs of ‘Friends’.
1 more thing re: J.A. – I did feel genuine empathy for her back then regarding the glare of public humiliation & hurt. That stuff’s bad enough as an obscure private citizen, it must be beyond dreadful as a uber famous person, & the publicity of it that never ends – like I’m perpetuating right now! Enough!