Jaden Smith asks to be emancipated from Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith!

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have two children together, Jaden, 14, and Willow, 12. The Hollywood power couple have a style of parenting that some people may not agree with.

They have revealed that they don’t believe in punishing their children. Will said, “We generally don’t believe in punishment. From the time Jaden was five or six we would sit him down, and all he has to do is be able to explain why what he did was the right thing for his life.”

Despite being young, Will – who also has 19-year-old son, Trey, from his previous marriage with Sheree Zampino – wants his children to take responsibility for their own lives and has revealed the extra freedoms they have been allowed has encouraged his actor son Jaden to ask for a house of his own for his 15th birthday in July.

In an interview with The Sun newspaper, Will explained: ‘He says, “Dad, I want to be emancipated,” I know if we do this, he can be an emancipated minor, because he really wants to have his own place.’

The Men in Black 3 star’s own father Willard – who ran a refrigeration installation business in Philadelphia after leaving the US Air Force – was a very strict parent who believed his son should be seen and not heard so Will was keen for his own offspring have a completely different upbringing to him.

He said: ‘I was brought up with, “You don’t even talk to your parents about what your opinion is, you are not allowed to have an opinion. When you pay some bills, you can have an opinion.” … My parents let me talk now.’

Well…. did they give Jaden his own house? This is what I want to know! I do not agree at all without disciplining your children, I think that’s just begging for disaster. I find them SO MUCH more annoying than Gwyneth Paltrow. I don’t understand their views on raising children, their views on marriage, or religion. They might actually be crazy people.

Monday, May 13th, 2013 at 11:11am
Filed under Jada Pinkett Smith, Jaden Smith, Will Smith, Willow Smith | 6 Comments

Comments

Comments

May 13th, 2013 at 11:55 am

Well, his eyebrows could use a house of their own, that’s for sure.

May 13th, 2013 at 11:59 am

Wow! Didn’t see this one coming

May 13th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

They really got strange. This not the type of parenting I expected from them..just based on interviews, etc back in the day.

May 13th, 2013 at 3:20 pm

14 years old and he wants his own place?! This poor kid is really messed up.

May 14th, 2013 at 11:33 am

So, let’s see here…just because you don’t agree with someone’s religious views, marriage views, and how they raise children makes them crazy? Really? And, what exactly are their views? From what I understand–they do NOT believe in open marriage, have the right to religious freedom, and those are their kids to raise–not yours. You just make sure your children grow up and not have any issues. I don’t know of very many teenagers, regardless of how they were raised to have their own opinions–that’s part of growing up. You think just because you discipline your kids that they won’t have opinions? More than likely they will but probably too afraid to express them.

Look, I believe in discipline, I believe in one-man-one-woman marriage, As far as religion goes, you can shove that crap though–another form of control. Even with my personal opinions and views it’s not our place to judge. Just report the facts. Your personal commentary isn’t necessary. You’re actually the one who’s crazy for thinking that your opinion even matters–especially to them. They’re living their lives, and living it well, I might add.

People kill me…

May 14th, 2013 at 2:40 pm

@ K Holmes – if you want facts go watch 60 minutes. This is a gossip site, we come here to snark and share our opinions and snark some more. Lighten up FFS.

I don’t know what Will and Jada’s trip is but their kids are insufferable. Oh yeah, and really homely.