Bethenny Frankel: “Divorce is the most difficult thing you could ever go through in your entire life”

I’m sure some might argue that death is the most difficult thing you could ever go through in your entire life, but whatevs.

Bethenny Frankel, 42, is in the middle of a divorce from her husband of three years, Jason Hoppy. This was her second divorce, so methinks she should be a little more used to it. But what do I know. Bethenny and Jason have a three year old daughter together, Brynn.

Anyway, Bethenny co-hosted ‘Good Day New York’ on Thursday, and the reality star opened up about her current divorce.

The 42-year-old reality star expressed her grievances to morning anchor Greg Kelly on Thursday while guest-hosting on “Good Day New York.”

“It’s rough,” she said. “I have to say, divorce is the most difficult thing you could ever go through in your entire life.”

While the creator of Skinnygirl cocktails expected the road to divorce from her husband of two years, Jason Hoppy, would be a bumpy one, she didn’t know how bad it would feel.

“I never heard how excruciating it is,” she described.

Continue reading!

Frankel went on to say that the whole experience of divorce was a “brutal, unnatural situation” that she “never thought” she’d find herself in.

But amid all the rain Frankel’s found sunshine in her “amazing” 2-year-old daughter, Bryn.

“Kids make you do things you’d never do,” she said. “They bring out the best in you.”

And divorce can sometimes bring out the worst.

After Frankel filed for divorce from Hoppy in early January, he counter-filed three weeks later with aggressive demands. Her scorned ex’s papers requested primary custody of Bryn, child support, medical and dental expenses, and exclusive use of the couple’s Tribeca loft in New York City.

Some can speculate his demands are the result of a broken and bitter heart as Hoppy was spotted in a New York City park with Bryn on Monday still wearing his wedding ring.

“We have love and respect for one another and will continue to amicably co-parent our daughter who is and will always remain our first priority,” Frankel previously said in a statement. “This is an immensely painful and heartbreaking time for us.”

Source, Photos: FameFlynet

Friday, April 12th, 2013 at 10:10am
Filed under Bethenny Frankel, Jason Hoppy | 8 Comments

Comments

Comments

April 12th, 2013 at 10:42 am

I’m pretty sure that while divorce is sad, and it may be horrible for that I don’t agree. I’m pretty sure the most horrible things in my life are almost losing my dad to a horrific train accident and my mom in different accident top that.

April 12th, 2013 at 11:31 am

Judgemental bitches much? Geez, divorce is an awful, horrible, painful thing for most who experience it. Just because there are other awful things that can happen doesn’t mean you should be telling her to not feel so bad because something worse can happen. You all need to get off your high horses.

April 12th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I have to agree with Kate. Yes divorce is awful, but she did not state that it was the most difficult for her, but the most difficult thing a person, in general, can go through. An obnoxious, self absorbed statement, made by an obnoxious, self absorbed woman.

April 12th, 2013 at 2:09 pm

No one is judging. No one is saying divorce isnt awful. It is! It’s just some tend to think death is worse. Which it can be. Divorce is never easy on a family especially when children are involved. But losing a loved one is incomparable.

April 12th, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Divorce is very difficult however there are far harder things in life to go thru. Bethany is A type and cant stand that she failed at something hence why, for her, divorce is hardest thing she will go thru.

April 12th, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Yea, I would think also things like watching someone go through drug addiction or alcoholism is much harder. Not that divorces aren’t hard. So, I’ll say death and near death are worse.

April 16th, 2013 at 8:13 am

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that none of you have ever gone through a divorce.

I would probably think or feel the same, but I have been through a divorce, and it is the most awful thing to go through. They compare it to losing a child, and while I don’t have a child, I could still imagine it that way. Seriously, it’s excruciating.

Gail Champlin">Gail Champlin
August 20th, 2013 at 7:32 am

When a URL is too long, those doing the searches will end up seeing a shortened version meaning they flat out maynot click on your link. This data is caught by search engines without any deception.Normally the earlier or higher a site comes out in the search results listby Keyword Optimization, the more visitors it will incur fromthe search engine.