REPORT: Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have broken up again!

Man, I hope this news is true. Rumor has it Robert Pattinson has dumped Kristen Stewart. I feel like I should point out that it’s being reported by The Sun, which has quite a reputation for publishing out-right lies. We’ll just go with it, shall we?

ROBERT Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have split up for the second time — just months after getting back together, The Sun can reveal.

The Twilight couple’s four-year relationship first hit a rocky patch in July when Kristen, 22, had an affair with married 42-year-old film director Rupert Sanders.

They reunited in September and attended November’s premieres of final vampire film Breaking Dawn, Part 2. But R-Patz called it off again after a difficult festive period together.

The heartbroken Brit, 26, broke the news to his ex at the weekend, telling her they would be better off as friends.

A source said: “She flew to LA and was supposed to be Rob’s date for the Golden Globes, but he told her he wants to cool it off. He loves her but would rather go back to being good friends so they can rebuild their trust and focus on work after Twilight. Kristen’s upset but understands. She shouldn’t have pushed him to reconcile after her infidelity. She’s hoping he’ll come round and time will be a great healer.”

Rob’s friends and family in London had given him a hard time about taking back the stunning actress — who is one of Hollywood’s biggest earners.

The source added: “He was getting so much pressure to ditch her. His friends told him to focus on his career and said she was wrecking his chances.”

R-Patz is planning to stay in his LA home while Kristen is moving to New York to make a fresh start. An insider said: “She feels people leave her alone there and she has a bit more peace.”

I don’t know. Robert Pattinson did attend the Golden Globes solo on Sunday, but Kristen Stewart joined him at the after-parties.  Who knows. I like to think he’s dumped her.

Sidenote: Do we think Robert is going to have much of a career now that Twilight is over? I feel like Kristen’s going to go on and make a billion movies, but the jury’s still out with Robert. I feel like if he doesn’t make some smart movie choices soon, he’s going to disappear. His non-Twilight movies have all sucked (even ‘Water For Elephants’, you know I’m right).

So what’s the verdict? Will Robert make it?

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 at 1:13pm
Filed under Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson | 5 Comments

Comments

Comments

January 16th, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Neither one can act very well. But then, that’s not always the deciding factor, is it. And I seriously question the the Sun’s description of KS as “stunning.” Not even remotely.

January 16th, 2013 at 3:51 pm

The Sun is hardly a reliable source. In fact I would be more inclined to believe my teenage daughter’s opinion. Regardless, I don’t think they have enough trust to withstand seperate filming in different countries. It’s just a matter of time… As for the acting; Kristen Stewart is indeed stunning on the outside but that holds zero merit with the ugliness she has publicly displayed. Her acting is sub-par at best. The only character I see her as is “Bella” It’s all the exact same with absolutely no diversity for talent. Rob, while I adore the hell out of him, has yet to prove himself as an established actor. Twilight was obviously not an Oscar worthy performance. He is a very intelligent and well read man. He would be better at writing/producing. The problem is that the majority of the Twilight phenomenon is full of young adults that cannot distinguish the difference between Rob, the actor and Edward, the character. There’s not a big enough broad intelligent audience that goes beyond teeny bopper.

January 16th, 2013 at 5:58 pm

It’s disappointing that many people who comment about the limited subject of relationship dynamics between these two feel obligated to castigate them publicly at the same time, on any conceivable subject. They are just young, inexperienced actors doing their best to figure life out like anyone else. She is gorgeous and he is handsome. The pics and “sexiest man” titles prove that. They’ve had a relationship of several years, but there have been disappointments and mistakes — like every other couple has in some way. Personally, I hope they resolve their situation for the best, so we can all spend more time following their careers than their relationship.

January 16th, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Rob has five movies in pre-production with two of them on the must see list for 2013. WFE was a success, making $115 million dollars on a 38 million dollar budget. His movie Cosmopolis, although in limited release, won many critis acclaim. Rob is just 26 and when he is approaching 40 like the heavyweights of Hollywood are, he will be in his element just like Brad, Leo, and others. So, no, you aren’t right for Rob has made some good movies and now that BD2 has made over $800 million dollars, he or Kristen had to be the draw and I am betting on Rob.

January 17th, 2013 at 6:30 am

Every interview I’ve seen him in – he comes across like a very down-to-earth person, very likeable and genuine. He’ll be fine.