Lance Armstrong finally admits to cheating, after YEARS of denying.

Oprah Winfrey sat down with Lance Armstrong yesterday for an explosive new interview, one that lasted 2 and a half hours, and included Lance admitting to doping for several years.

Oprah hinted at the interview this morning on CBS, saying the “intense and emotional” interview took place yesterday in Austin, TX. She said “He did not come clean in the manner I expected, I was surprised. Myself and the whole team were mesmerized and riveted by some of his answers. I think he answered my questions satisfactorily. He was thoughtful and serious and had prepared himself for this moment and at the end of it we were both pretty exhausted. I had a strategy and I went in prepared to have to dig and pull, but he was very forthcoming with his answers.”

Winfrey went on to say that she would leave it to others to decide if the former champion was contrite during the interview, but that she thought he was well-prepared and serious throughout.

It was also revealed today that Armstrong hinted to the fact the use of drugs within the sport is widespread in a meeting with the head of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency last month.

Armstrong is said to have spoken openly to Travis Tygart about doping, claiming it was rampant in all sports, especially NBA football, and that he was being singled out for punishment.

Sources said that at the end of the meeting, during which Tygart refused to soften Armstrong’s lifetime ban for what the agency called the ‘most sophisticated doping program on the planet’, he told him: ‘You don’t hold the keys to my redemption.

‘There’s one person who holds the keys to my redemption and that’s me,’ the source told the Wall Street Journal.

This week, Armstrong begins a public campaign to restore his shattered image, which started yesterday with his no-holds-barred interview with Oprah Winfrey and his tearful apology to staff at his cancer foundation Livestrong.

This whole thing really infuriates me. Not necessarily all the cheating (all thought that’s bad enough) – but all the denying and lying. He denied and LIED for sooooooooooo many years to cover up what he was doing. And thing of all those hundreds of men who never had a shot at winning the Tour de France because of Lance’s cheating. Men who will never have the opportunity to race again. Men whose prime is over. I think the whole thing is just disgusting.

I’m TOTALLY going to be watching his Oprah interview. I have a feeling he’s going to be contrite – and STILL try and take the heat off himself. I’ll be looking for sincereness. Sincerely sorry, sincerely apologetic to everyone he’s cheated.

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 at 8:08am
Filed under Lance Armstrong | 9 Comments

Comments

Comments

January 15th, 2013 at 8:25 am

They ALL do it! Does that make it right? No, but this is a problem that is widespread among all sports. If you are going to be mad at him you would have to be mad at every single athlete you know and love. That’s just the truth.

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
January 15th, 2013 at 9:38 am

I don’t disagree with you!

January 15th, 2013 at 11:23 am

Everyone in that sport does it. Did you see the list of people who came in second in all the races he won. they have all been caught doping. I say let them do it. Make it part of the game. I think it should be legal in all the sports. Everyone wants to see more home runs, faster people on the track. They will all just destroy their bodies in the end.

January 15th, 2013 at 11:37 am

Just because supposedly everyone does it doesnt make it right. He needs to be responsible for HIS actions & not try & bring others down with him. He isnt sorry at all – he is only sorry he got busted!

January 15th, 2013 at 11:39 am

A majority of athletes may dope but not 100% of them. The old everyone does it argument is irrelevant & makes him look like a bigger idiot/liar than we already knew he was.

September 22nd, 2014 at 4:53 am

My heart broke when they zoomed in on Nando’s face at the beginning with the match. He looked so sad. I honestly assumed he’d come in after the 70th minute or so. I’d love for him to see some action in Munich.

October 2nd, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Having read this I thought it was rather informative. I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this information together. I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!

October 9th, 2014 at 11:01 pm

This internet site is just excellent, the relevant information is actually updated and clear. I will certainly explore this website once more. I’m sorry if my English isn’t sufficient, i am actually a Spanish foreign language speaker, sorry about that. Keep up with the good work:-RRB-.

November 22nd, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive learn something such as this before. So nice to locate someone with many authentic thoughts in this subject. realy thank you for beginning this up. this site is something which is needed on the net, someone with a bit originality. useful section of bringing something fresh to the web!