Kate Gosselin blasts ex-husband Jon for letting her children play with a pit bull!

Kate Gosselin is fuming mad – after she learned that her ex-husband Jon Gosselin let their children play with a pit bull dog.

RadarOnline reports that Jon’s girlfriend Liz was allowing the kids to hug and kiss her dog, and it was all caught on camera. The pictures sparked controversy, because many people believe those dogs are dangerous.

“Children who were victims of pit bulls Take a look & see why people care,” Kate retweeted.

Kate also tweeted about Hurricane Sandy. “RT @JasonBacke Yesssss! @tedgibson tedgibson BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!!! #sandy @ Ted Gibson Salon HALLELUJAH! So happy!” At least she’s tweeting about the important stuff.

A few years back my next door neighbor was attacked by a pitbull, and I watched the whole thing unfold. I think pit bulls are VERY volatile, and while I’m sure some of them are okay – I like to er on the side of caution. I wouldn’t own a pit bull, they just make me nervous.

Where do you stand? (Will I be sorry I asked?)

Monday, November 5th, 2012 at 11:11am
Filed under Kate Gosselin | 19 Comments

Comments

Comments

November 5th, 2012 at 11:34 am

I think that pit bulls are a product of how they are raised. Unfortunately, this breed has been labeled dangerous and most people use them in this way.

I think that any dog, raised incorrectly, is capable of being harmful to someone. If you raise a dog right, they won’t be dangerous.

November 5th, 2012 at 11:36 am

She is as uninformed as she is stupid. Ugh! More ignorance…just what this country needs.

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
November 5th, 2012 at 11:43 am

@Lesh – I agree with you …. trouble is lots of people DON’T raise them correctly, and then next thing you know your neighbor is being attacked (like mine).

November 5th, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Jocelyn – Yes that is very true and very say. The problem is bad owners, not bad dogs.

November 5th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I would not want my kids playing with a pitt bull. I knew a kid who got attacked by one and it was his grandma’s dog and was not mistreated. No trouble with the dog before. Just attacked out of nowhere. It was awful.

November 5th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

It has a lot to do with mis-treatment of the dog, but also has a lot to do with the way it is raised and trained. It can be trated just fine and still attack if not trained and socialized properly, that and taking in to factor what was being done to the dog when it attacked. Any dog can attack. I would rather have my child around a pit than an ankle bitter any day,,, and do! My pit is 2 and would never hurt my 12 year old, nor the one I will be delivering this December. She has been trained very well, and the children have also been schooled on how to treat a dog. Kate is an idiot and always has been. If you canno tteach your children how to be around dogs, not pulling hair, tails adn what not, you should not have your children around animals period. Kate is more worried about being famous than her children though, so I doubt she takes the time.

November 5th, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Any dog can attack. The reason that Pit Bulls are “scary” is because when they bite, they dont let go. They have incredible strength in their jaws and will latch on. If a dog is mistreated, sat on, stepped on, underfed, roughhoused as a puppy etc… they will have a different temperament. Its not about the breed of dog, it is about how it is raised and how it was aggrivated. Jocelyn, I commend your braveness for asking opinions!

November 5th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

To all you people who say “I knew someone who was attacked by a pit bull when I was young” or “I saw someone attacked by a pit bull this one time”, guess what, I’ve been bit by a Siberian Husky, a German Shepherd mix (Which, believe me, both can cause just as much damage as a pit bull), and a Cocker Spaniel (Which, yes, can cause quite a bit of damage to children), and I do not hate or try to have any breed banned. Dogs bite. ALL OF THEM. Every breed. Yes even Golden Retrievers. The only difference is that the media chooses to use pit bull stories as opposed to the other ones. And, yes, unsavory characters tend to lean towards pit bulls, however that is not the dog’s fault. I have worked with HUNDREDS of pit bulls, and have never even been growled at by one. Also, most of you that hate pit bulls couldn’t tell the difference between an American Pit Bull terrier, a Staffordshire Terrier, a Dogo Argentio, or lab-boxer mix. I’ve been working with dogs for years and even I can’t always differentiate between them. Neither can the media. Most “pit bulls” are actually lab mixes of some sort.

November 5th, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Pit bulls are NOT bad, it is the idiots who raise them to fight. I have seen a pit bull attack, also, but only after it had been pestered by the person it attacked. It was also not socialized and caged all day.

November 6th, 2012 at 10:53 am

She’s a dumb ignorant bitch I have pits and the only thing they’ll do is lick you to death! It’s how they’re raised that makes them mean! Even my father just asked – why does everyone hate Pitbulls… as mine laid in his lap snuggling him and smothering him with kisses… Kate is a dumb bitch! Besides I’ve seen small dogs way more aggressive and mean than pits!

November 6th, 2012 at 11:36 am

You just publicly agreed with Kate Gosselin? My 14-year old pit bull with whom I am cuddling right now, my toddler son, and I ask you to please stop perpetuating the negative and untrue stereotype about pit bulls. Ignorance is dangerous, pit bulls are not.

November 6th, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I don’t blame her at all. If it were my child I would file charges to take total of my children and suspend Jon’s visitation rights until such time as he could guarantee the dog would never be within 25 yards of the children. There is just too many daily reports of a pit bull mauling to make me feel comfortable with a pit bull to be around children.

November 7th, 2012 at 3:31 am

Any animal with teeth has the potential to be dangerous. Having worked in a veterinary hospital for nearly 8 years, I’ve seen my share of aggressive non-pit breeds. Her judgement is just as bad as her saying her kids shouldn’t be around people of certain races.

November 7th, 2012 at 9:24 am

Pit bulls are inherently dangerous.

November 7th, 2012 at 9:27 am

They’re bred to be fighters; it in their genes. You people saying it’s how they’re raised are delusional. Have you ever known a border collie who didn’t instinctively know how to herd? A Pyrenees who didn’t instinctively guard flocks or children. No. It’s what it bred to do. Pits were bred to be vicious fighting dogs and no amount of socialization will change that.

November 11th, 2012 at 10:49 am

Kate Gosselin is publicity whore who will say anything to get more press! And obviously anon is a troll, who should be ignored like all such lower forms of life who insist on spewing hate and fear. I sort of understand people who have actually had a bad experience with a pit sharing their fears, but if you haven’t had a bad experience, please don’t lie or spread hearsay! Pits, like many other dogs, were bred to guard homes. As such, depending on how they are raised and trained, they have the capacity to be either (or both) loving and ferocious depending on how they are approached. Because they are very strong dogs, they should be socialized and trained and the people (including kids, whom they usually learn to love!) around them should be educated in how to treat them. Frankly, Chihuahuas and Pomeranians are among the most vicious dogs I’ve ever met! But, because they’re small and weak, nobody makes that much of a case on how evil they are! And for all you micro-dog lovers out there, don’t tell me you’ve never seen one of those little land-pirhanas attack for little or no reason! Ultimately, what I’m saying is that any interaction between human and animal carries risk. Be smart, be careful, and be loving. The rewards of the love of animal companions are worth it! Even Chihuahuas!

November 12th, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Well .. Mommy is a “Pit Bull” … the kids are use to it.

GUCCI MESSENGER BAGS SALES">GUCCI MESSENGER BAGS SALES
November 15th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I really like cheap gucci scarf sweet bailey mouse binocular might be our 1 / 3 binocular(the minute er or him granted people relating to christmas day)!!! I produce our regularly! I’ve a black particularly long binocular, which i have unfortunateky began to grow out of and a schwarze cardy binocular, which probably please do not make our legs that can model! er or him only tough luck with regards to have all the features! my husband and i only at any time wish for needed for the yuletide season nowadays! their our(14th) unique birthday relating to friday with regards to may possibly were a gucci fragrance for men nonetheless formerly included our reveals! i may most definately reccommend to be able to any body!

5 finger vibram">5 finger vibram
June 12th, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Its ranges combine the latest technology, earth friendly innovation where possible and stylish comfort.