Jessica Simpson shares “totally inappropriate” picture of her baby girl in a bikini.

Jessica Simpson is in hot water this morning, after she shared a picture of her four-month-old daughter wearing a bikini on public TV.

The 32-year-old singer showed a picture of Maxwell Drew on Katie Couric’s new TV show, and critics are lashing out, calling it “wrong” and “just awful”.

Claude Knights, the director of Kidscape, said yesterday: ‘It is very disturbing to see a young baby presented to the world wearing a bikini.

‘Celebrity choices carry great influence, as can be seen by the manner in which their accessories and behaviours are copied widely.

‘It is to be hoped that parents will understand that “baby bikinis” are totally inappropriate, and that they contribute to the sexualisation and commercialisation of childhood.

‘We should not be compromising the sanctity of our children’s early years.’

Others condemned the bikini on Twitter after seeing it online. One wrote: ‘Jessica Simpson posts a photo of her 4-month-old baby in a BIKINI – wrong wrong wrong.’

Another added: ‘A baby in a bikini?! Dear God, some people are just wrong!’

A third wrote: ‘I just saw the most ridiculously posed photo of Jessica Simpson’s baby in a bikini. Just awful. Poor poppet.’

In January, supermodel Cindy Crawford was criticised for allowing her ten-year-old daughter Kaia to pose in a short skirt.

In a report last year into the sexualisation of children, Reg Bailey, chief executive of the Mothers’ Union, said: ‘Parents are telling us they are worried about the pressures on children to grow up too quickly.’

Where do you stand on the baby-bikini drama? Do you think it’s totally inappropriate – or totally cute?

Here are some new pictures of Jessica and her fiance Eric Johnson arriving back in Los Angeles after their trip to NYC.

Source, Photos: FameFlynet

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 at 9:09am
Filed under Jessica Simpson | 41 Comments

Comments

Comments

September 12th, 2012 at 9:29 am

I think she looks adorable.

September 12th, 2012 at 9:31 am

Ugh. Would I put my baby girl in a bikini? Probably not. Do I think it’s such a big deal? Absolutely not. Most of the time, celebrity babies are photographed in nothing but a diaper. Why don’t people freak out about “topless photos” of a 4-month-old?

It’s a cute BATHING SUIT, on an adorable baby, I might add. The only people attributing sexiness to this baby are the ones talking about how terrible it is. I would’ve never thought anything of it. Plus, guess what? If a creepy pedo is going to find a little kid attractive, it’s going to happen in footie pajamas just as often as it will happen in bathing suits.

September 12th, 2012 at 9:43 am

SO cute, and I don’t think there is anything wrong with it either!

September 12th, 2012 at 9:43 am

I think she looks adorable! Nothing wrong with this at all! People are so strange they seem like the pervs

September 12th, 2012 at 9:56 am

But that’s the problem, pervs are out there, especially on the internet. So take all the pics you want of this adorable baby, but keep them for friends and family, don’t post them publicly. Why do people feel the need to do this, anyway?

September 12th, 2012 at 10:31 am

I don’t see what the big deal is. People need to focus their energy on other efforts and stop wasting their time telling women that they are bad mothers.

September 12th, 2012 at 10:34 am

soooo cute

September 12th, 2012 at 10:39 am

Really people! NOTHING wrong with it. My mother in-law crochetes stuff like this for baby’s that parents order from her…I’m baffled that PEOPLE are baffled by this super cute picture.

September 12th, 2012 at 10:46 am

Agree, not bad. It’s not like she has boobs or anything. On another note, that baby is totally cute.

September 12th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I think that people probably do more to give little girls a complex by making things “sexy”. I think that there are much bigger influences (like maybe sex being used to sell EVERYTHING) then a four month old in a bikini.

September 12th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Is “totally inappropriate” the slang for “totally adorable?” If so, they are correct, otherwise, they’re just nuts. She’s a cutie!

September 12th, 2012 at 12:37 pm

what do those people think about the commercials where the babies wear ONLY diapers?! :O OMG!

Micah">
Micah">Micah
September 12th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

The bathing suit is obviously hand made and probably by a friend or relative. Regardless whether its a bikini, topless or even nude at 4 months it doesn’t really matter.

Some people are always at the ready to be habitually offended and it gets so old.

September 12th, 2012 at 12:46 pm

That picture is adorable. It’s crochet, not a thin piece of a slutty toddler thong purchased at Macy’s to be work on TLC’s horrible show ‘Toddlers in Tiaras’. Someone made this. She’s not at the pool and she’s not in the sun. It was meant to be cute, and that’s what it is. People are so overly sensitive that it’s beyond annoying. I rarely stick up for a celeb but get a grip people. IT’s a baby, in a house. Bikini’s are not something an infant should wear and I highly doubt this one will be outside in it!

September 12th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Well said Alina!

September 12th, 2012 at 1:45 pm

that’s totally cute! I think people need to chill out! at 4 months a naked baby is cute! this one has on a diaper and bikini! I always wore bikini’s growing up I don’t see anything wrong with it.

September 12th, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Give me a fucking break. It’s a baby that is covered in all the “right” places. Who cares if it’s a bikini? I think it’s more telling of the people that actually get offended over this than Jessica Simpson herself. What kind of sick person’s mind would even go to that place when seeing that picture?

September 12th, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Super cute kid. Super cute bikini–looks better than I would ;)

I think the issue is the whole sexualization of little kids–which someone touched upon in “Toddlers and Tiaras”. Now little kid thongs or push-up bras for seven-year-olds, that’s pushing it.

There’s no harm in this; it’s like dressing your dog up in costume. What?

September 12th, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Who cares????? It’s her baby she’s not hurting it! There’s way worse things happening, like babies actually being abused and neglected and this is inappropriate?

That baby is gorgeous!

September 12th, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Very cute, I don’t see what the problem is. She’s a baby, leave her alone and get a life!

September 12th, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Love the pic, the only people who have a problem with this photo are child touchers.

September 12th, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Adorable! Not weird at all. People are so freaking bizarre!

September 13th, 2012 at 12:38 am

The problem is not like this pic might attract pervs, or that baby is not covered enough…I think it’s a problem that obviously so many people think this little baby has something that needs to be covered only because she was born with female DNA. It will be a looong time until she reaches adolescence and becomes a ‘sexual’ being. I don’t understand why people have such an urge to push children in gender stereotype drawers from birth on instead of just letting them be all the same – kids. No surprise women and men are far from equality and will continue falling into their clichés again and again…sad society we live in.

September 13th, 2012 at 3:46 am

Imbeciles just cant keep their private things private. Paedophiles all over the world unite, JESSICA SIMPSON has just launched her appeal to u…. What an idiot!

September 13th, 2012 at 8:02 am

A pedophile is interested in children. It doesn’t matter what they are wearing, it is their youth and innocence that matters. If you don’t like the outfit, that’s fine. It’s a personal preference and I completely understand. To say that it will attract pedophiles…well, a child in a jumpsuit will attract them as well. They are sick.

September 13th, 2012 at 8:10 am

I think Claude has a pedophilia issue that he needs to deal with. There are pictures of babies EVERYWHERE, in jammies, clothes, bathing suits, and even Naked (gasp). How do you think we come into this world? This picture is not sexual in the slightest and whoever thinks it is… seriously needs to see a counselor.

September 13th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

It’s cute but I doubt it would be very comfortable for a babies soft skin. But I wouldn’t take her out in public, or in the sun so I probably wouldn’t have let it be published for a network tv show. Jessica is from the South which has a more ‘trashy’ fashion sense than other regions of the country. The big, puffy hair styles ,all of the flashy make- up and crazy clothing. JS is just excited to be a mom and dress up her baby. This won’t be the last ‘clothing controversy’ over her daughters clothing choices. Get over it.

September 13th, 2012 at 6:24 pm

She’s adorable. WTF is wrong with people. It’s a cute baby in a cute outfit. Babies are always crawling around in just a diaper on TV. I thought this was supposed to be the land of the free. We have all these stupid groups trying to tell everybody how to dress, what to say,what to eat and drink and how to think. There is nothing wrong with that picture at all. There is nothing sexy about it at all. Chill out people.

September 14th, 2012 at 10:18 am

ugh! not a big deal, most of the time we only see babies in their diapers so why is this any different? just b/c she’s a celebrity so everyone has to make it out to be something it’s not? as a mom of 3 i think it’s an adorable pic! worry about something more important people like what’s going on w/our country!!

September 14th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Its cute, people need to take the sticks out of their asses. If you think pervertedly then you might think it is wrong, and if that is the case, then what the f is wrong with your way of thinking

September 14th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

How silly. The baby looks adorable! I don’t understand why putting a baby in a bikini is such a bad thing. I mean, most people let their babies run around wearing nothing but a diaper. How is that any better? Seriously People!

September 14th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

First, exactly how is this news worthy? The baby is wearing some clothes of which there are a multitude of different styles. Finally, for the rest of you…get a life! There has to something better to do than debating bikini/no bikini for a 4 month old.

September 14th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

That is TOTALLY RIDICULOUS. She’s four months old, and she looks absolutely adorable.

People to take a pill and mind their business.

September 14th, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Only a creepy man would think of it as sexy. It’s a baby and ya if it was in nothing but a diaper there’d be NO story. Cute baby

September 15th, 2012 at 8:54 am

Well, since Jessica can no longer wear a bikini, I guess she figured she’d put her daughter in one! :-) Okay, that’s not very nice….just being silly. That being said, when I first saw the pic I was like, really? But then again, I think if everyone were to look in their family albums, there would be at least a few pictures that others would find “questionable”. The only difference here is that this is a public figure so everyone sees it. I am not a fan of Jessica’s at all; however, do I think she did anything “wrong”?” Nope, not really.

September 15th, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Whomever thinks this inappropriate is a very sick individual. To look at a baby and think that way. Can you just enjoy the innocence and the pretty kid.

September 20th, 2012 at 6:10 am

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. It’s just a baby wearing a baby bikini. Society is sooo screwed up tht we think this photo is sick. It’s not !!!

September 22nd, 2012 at 7:17 pm
September 24th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Oh my word a baby girl in a bikini! How in the WORLD is this inappropriate??

September 27th, 2012 at 11:26 am

people are nuts thats a little baby and we have these teenager singers who show off their breast and ass all day long say something abotu that! whomever thinks its bad its cause u have a dirty mind for even having this thouhg cross ur mind that her little baby is wearing something bad. Get a life where is the innocents in this world anymore??? pervs are everywhere so what! god will get them!

September 28th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

What’s totally inappropriate is that ugly dress Jessica is wearing in the picture above! We should be condemning that instead!