Jessica Simpons’ baby name revealed – she’s giving her daughter a boys name?

Choosing a baby name can be tricky, so it’s no surprise that Jessica Simpson and fiancé Eric Johnson were, until recently, at an impasse about what to call their soon-to-be born daughter. “They tossed around a lot of names, including some wacky ones like Zinfandel, but couldn’t agree on anything,” a family friend confides.

Now, the pair has come to an understanding, and In Touch — which was first to break the news both of Jessica’s pregnancy and of the baby’s sex — can exclusively reveal the unusual (for a girl) moniker. “They’re going to call her Maxwell, Maxi for short,” the friend says. Maxwell is Eric’s middle name, and also his beloved grandma’s maiden name.

“Jessica wanted a name with meaning.” And not only has Jessica’s been seen wearing a necklace with a diamond “M” pendant in honor of her little bundle of joy, the couple also already ordered onesies monogrammed with the name!

Jessica, 31, is now set to give birth on April 20, three weeks earlier than her original due date. “She’s gained so much weight and the baby is so big that doctors pushed up the date,” reveals her friend to In Touch. And while the thought of giving birth freaks her out, “Jessica and Eric are so eager to meet Maxwell!”

Maxwell!? Really?

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 at 9:09am
Filed under Jessica Simpson | 9 Comments

Comments

Comments

Rachel">
Rachel">Rachel
March 14th, 2012 at 10:03 am

Weird– I just watched a clip of her on the Ellen show where she said she wasn’t revealing the name until the baby is born. Things get out, though.
I normally don’t mind boy names for girls. I like some of them, in fact, like Charlie for a girl. And maybe Maxwell would be OKAY . . . but “Maxi”??! Everyone is so going to call that kid “Maxi Pad” all the time. Poor child. Oh well, at least she’ll have money and good genes. haha.

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
March 14th, 2012 at 10:23 am

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Poor kid’s gonna hear Maxi Pad her whole life!

March 14th, 2012 at 10:47 am

As soon as I ready ‘Maxi’ I thought of Maxi Pad too lol

March 14th, 2012 at 10:57 am

Oh Lordy be!

March 14th, 2012 at 11:07 am

AS DUMB AS A BRICK

March 14th, 2012 at 11:43 am

As parents, one often makes mistakes, as one isn’t handed a manual during birth. But to slap a name like this on your kid? That’s just damn irresponsible! (if its true!!!)

March 15th, 2012 at 7:49 am

Agree! Ridiculous name…it also reminds me of maxwell house coffee.

March 15th, 2012 at 10:09 am

i’m the odd one out cause i think it is fine. i think maxi is cute, never thought maxi-pad. then again i grew up watching general hospital and there was a maxi on there. :) whatever, it could have been a lot worse!!!

March 28th, 2012 at 11:18 am

as my dad would say after I told him I wanted to name my daughter Roxy “she sounds like a street walker” aka a prostitue… I think he would agree that Maxi falls into that category… myself I love the name for a boy but honestly MAXI!!!!! wtf why not just name her Cotex? the poor girl already is going to have a tought life with this fool as a mother. i feel bad for her already.