Adele makes shocking announcement: “‘I am f***ing off for four or five years. If I am constantly working, my relationships fail.”

After sweeping the Grammys on Sunday, Adele has made a shocking revelation. She wants “four or five year off” to focus on her relationship with boyfriend Simon Konecki.

The singer said in a recent interview that in the past she has put her career before her love life, and that ended in heartbreak. For the future, she told Vogue magazine: “I am f***ing off for four or five years. If I am constantly working, my relationships fail.  So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy. And then I don’t know what I’ll do. Get married. Have some kids. Plant a nice vegetable patch.”

The 23-year-old likes to think of herself as a good girlfriend, because she loves to cook, laugh and have sex.

She also admits, “I love a bit of drama. That’s a bad thing. I can flip really quickly. I am not bipolar, but I go from, ‘Oh, my God, I love you’ to, ‘Get the f**k out of my house!’ really quickly. And I never sit there and talk about it. I give them the silent treatment. They’re like, ‘Tell me what I’ve done so I can say sorry!’ What else? It used to be that I loved a drink a bit too much. But I don’t drink no more.”

“The good things: I am attentive. I will do anything for my man. I am a good cook. I’m funny. Always want to have sex – Well, most girls don’t!”

Here’s to hoping she’s NOT going to take time off! I can’t imagine 4-5 years until the next Adele album is out!

Tags: , , , ,

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 at 12:12pm
Filed under Adele | 13 Comments

Comments

Comments

February 14th, 2012 at 1:05 pm

You know what you obese gorilla, you’re so talented and have an amazing voice… But the moment you start talking, you ruin it all… You’re a fawking ignorant vulgar idiot. What exactly is the need to talk like this? But don’t worry, when you decide to return, you’ll be forgotten dumb azz

February 14th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Haha…oh man. I thought I was the only one thinking that, Lyly. I love Adele and am constantly listening to her music. But she isn’t so graceful when she opens her mouth. She kind of ruins it. She sings and she’s elegant…she talks and she’s trashy and distasteful. What a damn shame.

February 14th, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Whatever. I find Adele to be refreshing! She is a normal person. I enjoyed her interview on 60 minutes the other night.

February 14th, 2012 at 5:44 pm

She is real, raw & honest & most people cannot handle that. She is NOT obese either! She’s a gorgeous woman with an amazing talent. I love her!

February 14th, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Lyly and Ana: Really? Would you rather Adele be fake and try to put on a show for us like Gaga? Adele is NORMAL and beautiful. She’s not obese either.

I think Adele is funny. I was laughing during her interview. She’d be a fun friend to have around.

February 14th, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I find the first two comments a bit standoffish. Why is everyone so quick to attack others? It’s sad.

So she’s honest and not putting out manufactured answers. I applaud that. We are all inner disgusting slobs and she’s not afraid to admit it. We are all irrational at times and anyone that says otherwise is lying to themselves. I think she is gorgeous, even if she is larger than the typical stick woman that the media lauds. I give credit where credit is due. If she wants to take time off to focus on her personal life, more to her, at least it’ll give her time to create an awesome next CD. I’ll be waiting to buy it (after listening to it, of course).

February 14th, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I like Adele, it always surprises me when he actually speaks, she’s so not posh ( which I like!)

Adele is not obese, in fact she’s lost LOADS of weight from her first album a few years ago. She’s thinner than she was from the first video on this album.

I’m POSITIVE she won’t be waiting four or five years to make an album, at least her label won’t let her. She’s doing phenomenally well right now, gotta strike when the irons hot.

February 15th, 2012 at 6:19 am

BRAVO to someone who is not incredibly GREEDY and not doing what they tell you you HAVE to do, which these days means overexposing yourself until everyone hates you. I do NOT understand the mentality of Oh everyone will forget you if you don’t pump out 3 albums in the next 6 months, whether they are good or not. That is what is wrong these days. People are so damn GREEDY that they INSIST you try to make any dollar you can ASAP. I’m SO SICK of it. Adele would not be forgotten even if she never put another album out!
To the first 2 commenters, you SUCK. And when you talk (write) it sounds SO MUCH WORSE than Adele….

February 15th, 2012 at 7:38 am

I dunno how normal people who work all the time as well do relationships. Rich people are weird.

February 16th, 2012 at 11:16 am

Look you geniuses, this is a fawking website… A celebrity gossip site for that matter… Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that’s exactly what I wrote about. No one claims Adele is fake or whatever the heck you’re talking about… My comment related to her constant need to use vulgar and repulsive language… THAT’S IT. So fawk you and thank you all.

February 19th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Vulgar and repulsive language? Oh the irony Lyly

February 19th, 2012 at 10:55 pm

!!! :’( I LOVE Adele!!! I don’t want to have to go 4 or 5 years without her!! :’(
BUT. I am happy that she’s doing it for a good reason! I just hope it doesn’t take 5 years for her to get married and have babies. ;) but if it does, at least she’ll probably be happy.
anyway I think she’s smart for doing this… I mean just because she’s a superstar doesn’t mean that she has to miss the chance to have love and a family! you go Adele!

March 10th, 2012 at 11:29 pm

I love Adele all her songs just magicly hit the right spots in everyones life she is not vulgar shes just raw and real and that makes me love her even more cuz she does wat she wants and shes no bodys puppet and she is not obese she is beautiful so just stop hating