President Obama isn’t too busy to send Zooey Deschanel a birthday card.

I’m so proud that the president of this great nation has the time to send actresses like Zooey Deschanel birthday letters. On Tuesday, New Girl star Zooey Deschanel, 32, tweeted that she was “so excited” to receive a birthday letter from the President of the United States, 50.

“As you celebrate this special occasion with your family and friends, please know I am grateful for all you have done to encourage and support young women who are making a difference across our country,” Barack wrote. “I hope your day is filled with love and laughter, and I wish you all the best for good health and happiness in the year ahead.”

Deschanel, who shares a birthday with White, 90, and First Lady Michelle Obama, 48, also received well-wishes from her favorite author, Judy Blume, 73.

Though Barack couldn’t attend the actress’ party, Deschanel jokingly tweeted: “It’s okay. I get it. I would go to Michelle Obama’s birthday instead of mine, too.”

Thursday, January 19th, 2012 at 10:10am
Filed under Zooey Deschanel | 9 Comments

Comments

Comments

January 19th, 2012 at 11:07 am

Ok so…that’s really nice and also really weird. I just, I dunno, it’s kinda weird right? Sometimes it seems a pinch like the Obamas want to be part of the cool-kid group, or at least liked by them. I think it’s thoughtful, but it somehow seems odd for a President to be like, “Oh, Zoey! Happy Birthday!” She’s not a government official or anything, just one of many celebrities. Does he do that for every celebrity? How’d he choose her?

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
January 19th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I thought it was very weird!

January 19th, 2012 at 3:28 pm

This is just weirdly creepy. He has enough time to send starlets birthday cards. Wow.

January 19th, 2012 at 3:36 pm

staff does this, he signs it. Like it reads, she supported him, probably donated the max to his campaign and supported by going to campaign rallies etc. Not that unusual…

January 19th, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Agreed, she probably donates a ton and his staff wrote it. He’s not sitting around composing birthday cards.

January 19th, 2012 at 10:26 pm

They actually have a machine that signs most things with the President’s signature, he probably didn’t even know about it.

January 20th, 2012 at 12:27 am

What’s the big deal? Think its pretty cool of him and his wife. They probably av deir reason. If I were Zoey,ill d be very happy I got a birthday card from the white house signed by the president or a computer or whatever

January 20th, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Did you really just criticize the POTUS for “having the time” to write someone a birthday card? I hope you wrote story after story about Bush’s constant vacations…

January 25th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I don’t get the hype with this chick….