Justin Bieber and Mariah Carey’s new music video made me hang my head in shame.

Last night I sat watching the Christmas Tree Lighting at Rockefeller Center on NBC with my two boys (11 & 9). It was cutesy, and overly cheesy, but they loved it – so I forced myself to watch it.

At the end of the show, they premiered Justin Bieber and Mariah Carey’s new music video for “All I Want For Christmas” (a newer version of Carey’s 1994 megahit).

The new song comes off Bieber’s newly-released “Under the Mistletoe” album.

In the new video, Mariah Carey shows A LOT of skin, and obviously flaunts her post-pregnancy body in a skimpy Mrs. Claus outfit. For the most part, she’s facing away from the camera, shaking her ass. At one point I yelled out – TURN AROUND!? Why in the world is she shaking her ass so much? They kept going back to this super sexed-up Carey, and as my kids watched with wide eyes, I felt more and more uncomfortable!

Throughout the uncomfortable music video, Bieber, 17, and Carey, 41, share more than a couple flirty looks, and it’s all around weird.

PS: Call me crazy – but the Mariah Carey who shakes her ass the whole video is NOT the same Mariah Carey who is in the sleigh at the end. WTH?

Thursday, December 1st, 2011 at 8:08am
Filed under Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey | 14 Comments

Comments

Comments

December 1st, 2011 at 9:53 am

I love your site. With that said i can say that i had 2 problems with thus video. The ass shaking only seems to happen around the end, but it should be taken out (This is a christmas video, not an application to hooters). The second thing is her outfit choices, especially the one in the sleigh. I understand this video is about fun, but still. You can have fun without dressing like that. She can show off ger body for the paparazzi, keep it G rated in a video that plays multiple times a day. I agree with you, bad video overall, but decent song

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
December 1st, 2011 at 9:59 am

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

December 1st, 2011 at 11:08 am

I agree with Amber except that I would add that it is creepy that she is “flirting” with him. She is old enough to be his mother. As a matter of fact, I think she is older than his actual mother. It’s time for Mariah to grow up. She is a mother now and there are plenty of ways for her to still be sexy.

December 1st, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Well, all that aside…is this some kind of subliminal ad for MACY’S?!

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
December 1st, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Not so subtle!

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
December 1st, 2011 at 3:24 pm

His mother is my age – let’s not talk about it.

December 1st, 2011 at 4:11 pm

The sexiness is a little much for Christmas, but I read it as a propaganda piece for, “See, Justin Bieber likes GIRLS!” Maybe I’m the only one that still thinks he looks and dresses like a very pretty 20-something lesbian. Which, I guess since lesbians like girls, makes it all work out in the end. I think Mariah Carey looked fantastic, she is still beautiful and her voice is amazing, but…the lingerie in the end was too much.

December 1st, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I just watched the 1994 video and she has a nearly identical puppy in the video. It’s been 17 years…it can’t be the same dog. It says that the dog in the 2011 video is her own dog Jilly Beans. Maybe she has a thing for fox terriers.

December 1st, 2011 at 8:09 pm

LOL Jocelyn! If anyone shouldn’t talk about her age it’s me! She’s younger than me. Mariah is younger than me too, but not by much!

December 2nd, 2011 at 6:36 am

I finally watched it. Sorry, but the more of JB I see, the more I CANNOT STAND HIM. And YES YES YES Jocelyn! They must have filmed the whole thing before she lost (cough cough got surgery cough cough) the weight, and just added that standing up part when they realized she looked fat in the sleigh! What a barf fest.

December 2nd, 2011 at 6:37 am

Oh, and I can’t believe they aren’t hawking their own products in this either. Or are they? I didn’t pay that much attention.

December 2nd, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Watch it without sound – it’s funny to see Bieber sing his little heart out. Anyway, it seemed like a commercial to me for Target until I saw the Macy’s logo everywhere. They were even pushing Nintendo in the video. The only thing I liked was the dog.

December 3rd, 2011 at 3:11 pm

all i can think is that she must have had a big stain on the front of her dress hence subjecting us to a view of her ass?…bizarre

December 4th, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I don’t think the video is *quite* as bad as everyone else is making it out to be. Mariah Carey is being her regular over the top annoying self but that def doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone. It being a Christmas video, she certainly should have toned it down but again I’m not surprised that she didn’t. I don’t really think that she and JB were flirting at all, no different than any other 2 people in music videos together. And I think Justin Bieber was adorable in it!!!