It’s finally here! Watch Britney Spears’ new music video for ‘Hold It Against Me’!

After a long wait – here is the HIGHLY ANTICIPATED (I don’t get it, she can’t even sing) video for Britney Spears new song, ‘Hold It Against Me’. I think I liked the video more than the song – which isn’t saying a whole lot, because I hate the song.

Without further ado – here it is!

My thoughts:

0:40 – Ok, nice advertisement for your perfume, Brit. Not tacky at all.
0:48 – Makeup Forever product placement? Bleh
1:34 – Sony product placement… C’mon!
2:30 – What the heck are those things dancing around her!? Freaky!
2:50 – Best part of the video, IMO.
2:50 – 3:15 – Actually this is my favorite part…she’s not singing.
3:29 – They don’t show her face, because there’s no way she’s doing that dancing!
3:57 – You kind of see her dancing – but then again, not so much… they keep the camera off her as much as possible!

In my humble opinion the video is all smoke and mirrors. It was like they’re trying to hide the fact that she doesn’t really have it anymore. I don’t know what it is – but she doesn’t even look like she’s enjoying it anymore. It’s like the spark is gone.

What did you think?

Thursday, February 17th, 2011 at 8:20pm
Filed under Britney Spears | 7 Comments

Comments

Comments

Lin">
Lin">Lin
February 17th, 2011 at 9:19 pm

It’s an alright video. I still say she’s just lucky she has a great team to make her look/sound decent cause I’ve heard she looks/sounds awful live. I thought the same thing about the product placements, pretty tacky. I’ll give it to her though, this song sure gets stuck in your head.

February 18th, 2011 at 5:56 am

dude, she’s history.

February 18th, 2011 at 6:25 am

I agree the video isn’t bad and I highly doubt that is her dancing in the dark too. The camp inists it is her, but because they keep her in the dark at those parts they can say we never said it was Brit you just asume blah blah. But overall i think the video is decent.

Micah">
Micah">Micah
February 18th, 2011 at 6:52 am

What’s with the double eyeball at 1:43 and the joker smile at 2:45 O_o

She really doesn’t do that much dancing in this video compared to her previous ones.

She is looking heavy but still not bad looking after two kids.

Overall it’s not that impressive and I agree the whole thing looks “forced”.

She should hang it up already.

February 18th, 2011 at 11:40 am

Not as hot as the Toxic video…

February 18th, 2011 at 11:50 am

For people who do not understand the meaning of the video:
Start of her career - She hit the earth like a meteor
Becoming a celebrity – She’s all glammed up putting make-up and perfume
Rising popularity – She’s rising as her old music videos surround her
She fell in love – The picture of the guy on the Sony touchscreen TV
Personal struggle – She was fighting with herself
Breakdown/Meltdown – She collapses and ruins her wedding dress and past work
Comeback – She comes back harder than ever.”

This is an amazing video the editor just made it to choppy but other then that amazing

February 18th, 2011 at 11:53 am

Yes, I totally agree with ICYDK, she’s just NOT into the music or performing anymore. She’s lost all interest, and you can see how unhappy she is. I’ve said the same thing before, when all the videos of her last tour surfaced on youtube. She doesn’t want to dance anymore, she barely moves while performing and looks really uncomfortable. She’s definitely lost the spark, that’s why Gaga is soo much better, Gaga has complete interest and enthusiasm for what she does. Madonna has always shown complete involvement with her projects. Britney doesn’t care…