‘Knocked Up 2′ is coming, and hopefully without Katherine Heigl!

Actor Paul Rudd has signed up to star in a sequel to hit comedy Knocked Up, reprising his role from the 2007 original.

Seth Rogen
and Katherine Heigl featured in Judd Apatow’s Knocked Up as expectant parents dealing with the consequences of a one-night stand.

It has now been confirmed Rudd and Leslie Mann will reteam in a follow-up, which will be written and directed by Apatow. It is not known whether Rogen or Heigl will be joining the cast.

Methinks that Judd won’t be knocking down Katherine’s door, considering what she said about the original movie. In an interview with Vanity Fair in 2007, Katherine said called the movie;

“a little sexist” and adds: “It paints women as shrews, as humorless and uptight, and it paints the men as goofy, fun-loving guys. It was hard for me to love the movie.”

I wouldn’t mind one bit if Katherine wasn’t in the sequel. She drives me nuts.

The sequel is due for release in 2012, according to Variety.

Friday, January 7th, 2011 at 10:10am
Filed under Katherine Heigl, Leslie Mann, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen | 7 Comments

Comments

Comments

January 7th, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Drive you nuts or not..I thought she with Rudd really were the best part of the movie. Rogen just plays himself lets be honest. Also it gets really tiring when they drag up that quote every single time the movie is mentioned. How about the gazillion quotes where she said how much she enjoyed making the movie and how grateful she was. Those never great repeated – especially not completely out of context.

January 10th, 2011 at 7:43 am

I really hope Seth will be involved ’cause I love him, but I agree Paul and Leslie ere the best parts.

Jocelyn">Jocelyn
January 11th, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Seth should do it – and they need to recast Katherine’s role… they could say he dumped her cause she was a bitch…

August 17th, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I am currently outside of Corral Tree Cafe in LA where Apatow is currently filming a scene for the movie. According to everyone here, Megan Fox is inside with Seth Rogen… didn’t see that one coming

josh">
josh">josh
August 26th, 2011 at 6:26 am

I say they should make it with seth in katherine in knocked up 2 in it should be what happen when the baby was born because the end the was driveing home

October 6th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

They should bring back the whole cast with Megan Fox as the newbie

January 8th, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Pretty sure I won’t like the movie without Katherine, even if she doesn’t like the movie I wish she’d play the second movie