Cameron Diaz: Getting Married for Life is “Bulls**t”

Well isn’t she just a gem!

Although, when you’re Cameron Diaz, and you’ve bedded the likes of Justin Timberlake, Matt Dillon, Jared Leto and Alex Rodriguez, maybe monogamy isn’t you’re thing? Maybe if you just wait around long enough you’ll tap all the hot guys in Hollywood!

“I think the big misconception in our society is that we’re supposed to meet the one when we’re 18 and we’re supposed to get married to them and love them for the rest of our lives. Bulls**t,” she told UK’s Stylist magazine.

Cameron, who turns 38 next month, has never been married, despite engagements to Leto and Dillon. She and Yankee slugger Rodriguez have been photographed together for months but have not publicly discussed their romantic status.

“Who would want to be with the same person for 80 years? Why not break it up a little bit?” Diaz tells Stylist.

“I think people get freaked out about getting married and spending 20 or 30 years sleeping with the same person, but if that’s the case, don’t do it.”

Her alternate advice: “Have someone for five years and another person for another five years… Life is long and lucky and yes, love might last forever, but you don’t always live with the person you love forever.”

She and Timberlake called it quits after four years together back in 2007. She told Playboy last month, “in the past three years I’ve made a conscious decision not to be in a relationship for as long as I want.”

Tags:

Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 at 3:15pm
Filed under Cameron Diaz | 12 Comments

Comments

Comments

TODHD">
TODHD">TODHD
July 22nd, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Just because she has not found her true love yet, she does not need to crush everyone else dreams

July 23rd, 2010 at 1:40 am

I agree with this tbh.

July 23rd, 2010 at 1:41 am

This article is trying to twist her words, she’s just saying people should wait to get married instead of feeling pressured to find “the one” and have kids before even being old enough to get your insurance rates lowered.

July 23rd, 2010 at 7:01 am

Well, I think that being married for a long time is highly UNDERrated. I’ve been married for 23 years next month, still very much in love and feel very lucky. People are just too stupid to realize that bad times pass, and you are stronger after.

It’s not for everyone ~ Nothing is.

July 23rd, 2010 at 7:28 am

Sounds like someone’s a little bitter!

It’s fine is she’s against marriage. Notice how I’m not poo-pooing her choices. Maybe she should have the same respect for me. No? Ok…

July 23rd, 2010 at 4:48 pm

She’s an idiot, and it’s safe to say she’ll be alone for the rest of her life with that sorry a.s.s outlook on life. But don’t speak for everyone. My parents have been married for over 35 years, my father’s parents were married for over 50 until my grandfather passed. Marriage ain’t for everyone I’ll agree but don’t speak for everyone just because you have been unlucky in relationships.

July 24th, 2010 at 4:57 am

Nah you didn’t get it. I think that what she wanna say is if you are afraid of marriage or to sleep with the same person a long time don’t get married.
Or she said we supposed to found THE Man or Woman at 18 20 years old for the rest of the life which means how could you found a perfect partner at 20? We still too young to know what we want. Finally the fact that we trust marriage is for life makes us stay with a bad person, if a person is bad we stay cause… marriage is for life.
If you are tired get out of here marriage is like evrything else.

July 24th, 2010 at 6:25 am

Problem is, good times can’t last forever. If she doesn’t learn how to be in a relationship involving love and devotion she’s going to be one lonely, unhappy miserable person in a few years where he looks are gone and her star rapidly fades. But what do I know. I’ve only been married for 23 years and to me my wife is in my heart and my heart is my home. Cameron will never get to know that experience. Guys, stay away from her unless you just want sex.

July 24th, 2010 at 8:33 am

Why am I posting again? I guess I just find her icky and reprehensible and have yet to take my bath. People need to start thinking of others. There is to much ‘me first’ happening right now. We need public in the public eye who feel a sense of responsibility to set a good example for others. It is so disheartening when yet another one adds to the problem enstead of seizing the opportunity to take hold of a cause greater than oneself. Too bad her parents did’nt feel the way she does…

July 26th, 2010 at 7:59 am

I met my husband at 20 yrs. of age (he was 23). We are happily married and now in our mid 40′s. The incredible bond which we now share (and did not share in our 20′s) is a feeling I am sorry she will never know. It takes years to develop a bond like we have and nothing in the beginning of a relationsship is as deep or as meaningful as that bond. We have been tried by fire, my husband likes to say and are still going strong and getting better Sure the early parts of a relationship are great, but developing into soemthing different and and more meaningful is way better.

July 29th, 2010 at 7:32 am

I do not believe the stupid remarks some have made. What judgments! How awful. Carmen did not say “HERE WORLD TAKE MY VIEWS AND LETS PASS IT AS A LAW!” She is speaking from HER PERSPECTIVE. No not everyone is meant to be married at 18 to the SAME partner for the rest of their lives. That is a CHRISTIAN PERSPECTIVE by the way, man made BS “TILL DEATH TO US PART” VOWS period are MAN MADE! Unrealistic. Love waxes and wanes like the phases of the moon. People stay married, get married and leave marriages for different reasons. Believe it or not marriage is an institution created for the purpose of gaining PROPERTY. Women included! Yep ladies YOUR PROPERTY.
Most women stay in marriages for the financial security it provides. Lets not be hypocrites.
So, to relax my flex, I will say that IF people get married and decide to be married for 35 or 65 years as my grand parents were and oh by the way the were miserable! *side note* some one is more than likely going to CHEAT! Ya knkow extra martial affairs. NO HUMAN BEING IS MEANT TO STAY IN LOVE FOR THE REST OF THEIR NATURAL LIVES AND THAT INCLUDES SEXUAL ATTRACTION. Whether you THINK ABOUT DOING, get TEMPTED into doing it or DO IT. Its gonna happen UNLESS YOUR DEAD. I digressed. Forgive me… if people do that then hip hip horrah for them. But for the free thinking, well adjusted and outspoken women as Ms. Diaz, freedom of love and sexual expression is whats up for her! Do not knock someone lifestyle just because it doesn’t resonate with yours.

I happen to agree with Ms.Diaz. I have changed my outlook over the years due to deep study, self analysis, spiritual ascension AND the study of women’s history in this country. WE are brainwashed into thinking we are supposed to WANT, DESIRE, NEED, GOTTA HAVE a husband and children YOUNG. When that doesn’t happen most women will go into a depression, gain weight, have lowered self worth and esteem because they feel something is wrong with them. Who do you think Prozac was originally marketed for??? Depressed women!

I am not one of them, having been married and now divorced (thank goodness) but I have had my own emotional struggles in my past due to this perpetuated lie.

Ladies… if your HAPPYILY married, good! I wish you the best. But for those women who ARE NOT AND SEE A DIFFERENT PATH, walk it strong, proud and bold. If THAT MAN SHOWS up, love him for as long as your meant too. If that is “forever” then so be it, If its not then heal, be grateful for the experience and move on!

Just saying.

Richard Recepti">Richard Recepti
August 25th, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Diaz is such a wonderful girl! Malware creators for sure know how to get advantage of her innocent image …