Tiger Woods was “devastated by his father’s cheating”

04woods600

Long before he made tabloid (or even sports page) headlines, Tiger Woods was devastated by his own father’s philandering, according to his high school sweetheart.

Dina Parr, whom he dated during high school and into his freshman year in college, exclusively tells E! News that Woods would call her from the road during the summer to talk about his parents’ relationship.

“He would just call crying and say, ‘My dad is with another woman,’ and that would be all he could say,” she says. “He would be so upset, so I just tried to be there for him and listen to him.”

Woods was famously close to his dad, Earl, who died in 2006.

“He loved his father,” Parr tells E! News in the exclusive interview. “And I know that was the one thing about his dad that he could never get over. So yeah, it’s interesting that it’s turned out that he’s doing the same thing.”

More than a dozen different women have been mentioned in reports about Woods’ infidelities.

In announcing Friday that he was taking “an indefinite break” from golf, the 33-year-old struggling star finally admitted in so many words to being unfaithful to his wife of five years, Elin Nordegren.

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 at 6:06am
Filed under Tiger Woods | 10 Comments

Comments

Comments

December 16th, 2009 at 9:47 am

The apple seldom falls too far from the tree….

I seriously doubt that he can ever repair his marriage. It is too far gone.
His father didn’t have a moral compass and neither does Tiger.
He should not remarry until he’s in retirement.
Tiger crashed….his car, his marriage and reputation.

December 16th, 2009 at 10:31 am

Big Fing deal!!
So he slept around a little while on constant stress from his golf standing and tournaments.
He has told all these women that Erin was only for the public image and that he didnt really love her.
He should end the marriage, give her a good deal of money, go back to playing world-class golf and enjoy himself like a single man, no guilt required.
I’d be ready *anytime* – hope you’re listening Tiger!
More power to you!!

Shelly Trageser Newman

December 16th, 2009 at 10:35 am

Marriage should never be used for “image”. If you take a vow, you should not break it. If you want to sleep around, get an effing divorce. Don’t be a pig. Stress is no excuse to cheat on your spouse (especially with 13+ people??? wtf??)

Watch Avatar">Watch Avatar
December 16th, 2009 at 12:13 pm

I hope a savvy judge tells all these women they (a) cannot sue Tiger Woods because they have no common sense, no decency, and no morals… and (b) they cannot profit off their stupidity at the expense of Elin and 2 innocent children. PERIOD. As for this Rachel chick.. bleh. As my granny used to say: She looks like she’s been rode hard and put away wet. One common denominator with all these gold diggers is their ignorance. They believed Tiger when he said he was in a marriage of convenience. Too funny – because that’s what ALL men say who cheat… then, like clockwork, they cry and boo hoo when their wife kicks them to the curb.. and say “but she was just SEX… that’s all.. I swear.”

December 16th, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Why the hell would someone do the same thing to their kids that their dad did to them!? That has to be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

December 16th, 2009 at 4:04 pm

I hate cheaters!! Have the balls to break up with your partner before you sleep around with a bunch of hos.

Good on Elin for divorcing him!! If you are going to cheat, knowing that you have a prenup that gives your wife half your fortune and you’re worth billions of dollars, then you deserve to lose it!!

While in general i think staying with someone who cheats is wrong, when young children are involved it may be best to stay together. In this case though, when your partner cheats with 13 different hos, hookers, strippers etc the level of humiliation fully justifies taking them to the cleaners. TEAM ELIN!!!!!!

December 20th, 2009 at 7:37 pm

The way I see it, the kids are the real victims, as far as Tiger and his wife they both get just what they signed up for…the way I see it the wife is the gold digger from the door, and that is exactly why the b!tch need to be cheated on…she knew exactly what she was getting into when she married him, thank god it wasn’t a sista he was disrespecting like that! To Tiger, I hope you were using protection or else you’re going to be another Magic Johnson!!

December 20th, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Why hasn’t comment posted on this site?

December 20th, 2009 at 7:52 pm

Why hasn’t my comment posted on this site?

Echo Sirnio">Echo Sirnio
February 4th, 2010 at 6:45 am

Hi. Very pleasant data on Maqui Berry. I saw your good blog while searching google. For the previous few days I have been attempting to discover more. Especially anything to do with the diet babble. I’ve witnessed it all and my neighbor continues pushing her newfound weight loss fad on me. So I’m happy I found you. All the best!