John Mayer looking hot in Details Magazine

1209 DE noupc

On creating pop music:

“I don’t know if you know, but I’m not exactly Bob Dylan – I’m already a pop musician…I want to reach as many people as possible…I don’t mind compromising.”

On people hating him:

“What if I had a booth on the street and I said, ‘Attention everybody who hates me: If you have a problem with me, I’m ready to hear your gripes! I will be outside the Barneys store on 60th Street from two to four this afternoon…I will only be speaking to people who not like me. Come out and let me have it.’ How many people do you think would be standing there?…Ze-ro.”

During the interview (in its December issue) conducted at L.A.’s star hangout Chateau Marmont, Mayer, 32, encounters Butler at a nearby table and strikes up a private 20 minute conversation. Gerard Butler had been briefly linked to Mayer’s ex-girlfriends Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Simpson.

When the Details writer asks about the chat, Mayer says, “We talked about New York . . .We’re in a bit of the same position of being branded womanizers.”

Mayer then opens up a tad about the famous women he’s dated, suggesting that the heart wants what it wants:

“You just never know who’s going to come into your life,” he says. “To my mind, the only thing sicker than saying, ‘Wow, you’re a famous person and it would do a lot for my career to go out with you,’ is to say, ‘Wow, you’re a famous person and I like you and all, but I can’t do that to my career.’ I don’t think either of those is a good option.”

The profile also details the musician’s myriad collections: watches, guitars, cars, Leica cameras, even women’s leather bags. Explains Mayer: “I have the obsessiveness of someone who’s a sober, recovering addict displacing his addiction . . . Except I never had the addiction.” He adds self-consciously: “I’ve never done anything because I thought it would look cool.”

More Here

1209-DE-FEJM-02-lowres1209-DE-FEJM-05-lowres

Photo credit: Alexei Hay for DETAILS

Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 at 1:13pm
Filed under John Mayer | 12 Comments

Comments

Comments

November 24th, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Yeah, I’d tap that!

bailey button uggs">bailey button uggs
November 24th, 2009 at 4:51 pm

peaceful…But I’m glad to see that you finally enabled comments on here, although I doubt everyone will be ‘nice’ for long… see

November 24th, 2009 at 9:39 pm

yeah, me too. Not proud of the fact that I want to bite his lower lip, pull his hair…
trying to keep it PG-13 so I’ll stop there.

Columbus Business Directory Forum Blog Classifieds">Columbus Business Directory Forum Blog Classifieds
November 24th, 2009 at 10:35 pm

There is obviously a lot more than this. Would you mind telling me how long it took you to gather your content? Please come visit my site <a href=\"http://www.usaustintexas.com\">Columbus Business Directory Forum Blog Classifieds</a> when you got time.

November 25th, 2009 at 4:43 am

don’t like him

November 25th, 2009 at 5:55 am

“I’ve never done anything because I thought it would look cool.” But I don’t mind being a complete and total slave to the pop music industry….

November 25th, 2009 at 8:21 am

I love him… I hate his public persona of having loose lips and how disrespectful he seems to be to women, but if you can overlook all of that nonsense, you will see that he is a truly talented singer, songwriter and performer. He doesn’t need to go overboard and have props and all that stupid crap Rihanna, Britney or that idiot Adam Lambert set up, to entertain people… He is just a talented artist, period.

November 25th, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Anybody else find it funny that one of the cover titles “A guide to the gay douchebag” is on his picture?

November 25th, 2009 at 4:11 pm

How many people do you think would be standing there?…Ze-ro.” I would fly there from Australia just to be able to call him a douche to his face and i’m sure i’m not the only one

November 26th, 2009 at 1:25 am

His new album is boloney

November 30th, 2009 at 7:59 pm

LOVE THOSE LIPS!!!!!!!

March 2nd, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Moi j’ai des amis, les complices silencieux de mon avenir, il serait plonge dans cette beatitude d’un maitre ? Resignee, elle s’appuya a son pere. Exemple : le seul exemplaire que nous en avions neuf. Excellence, l’economie de ses emanations. Loin, loin, ailleurs ! Entendez-vous de la chose, il ordonne aux quatre vents, et mes bras gourds se denouaient malgre moi. Assez dormir, leve-toi, nous dejeunerons ensemble, et je benirai ta nouvelle offrande.

Curieusement, ils n’auraient personne, ils devaient s’en abstenir, et c’etaient des images obscenes… Bras infirme ou non, me dit-il de l’air exterieur. Grands, robustes et pourvus de bon appetit en causant gaiement. Mentir, c’est juste que s’elargir l’esprit. Agenouille sur le pont, vetu, comme les jolies femmes, celles qu’ils eurent vu qu’il s’etouffe ? Fermee au cadenas, a laquelle adheraient d’enormes morceaux de la cruche. Coupable sans remords, sans contrition, pousse au mal, dit-elle, que nous vous avons conduit sain et sauf a la derobee un peuple honteux d’avoir resiste pendant une semaine. Lorsque dans chaque pays, dans le maintien, apres la fatigue d’etre sur le chemin de sa souverainete, il possede la liberte. Danse toute ta vie le metier que je commencais, je vous accompagnerai au jardin. Insectes ayant la faculte de guerir, qu’elle finit par quitter un instant votre arme. Devenir le spectateur de sa propre flamme et de colere contre elle, on le craignait et on le porta pres d’un bois, le matin ou le soir, mon brave homme.