Jamie Lee Curtis thinks plastic surgery is a fraud

Jamie Lee Curtis

Jamie Lee Curtis has urged all women to think carefully about plastic surgery, because the entire industry is based on the “fraud” that a nip and tuck will make you feel better about yourself.

The 49-year-old actress has revealed she underwent surgery on her lower eyes when she was 35 after a cruel cameramen told her she was too “puffy” for him to shoot, and she has had work done since. But now Curtis is urging all women to grow old gracefully because it’s rare that people really do feel better about themselves after they go under the knife.

She says, “I did it all but, you know what, it didn’t work. The fraud is it doesn’t work; it doesn’t work because there are complications, and I got them all. It doesn’t work because you still look in the mirror and you see the fraud of what you were trying to do.”

WENN

Tuesday, April 8th, 2008 at 4:16pm
Filed under Jamie Lee Curtis | 10 Comments

Comments

Comments

April 8th, 2008 at 6:22 pm

I would probably get her, if she didn’t look so much like my grandpa.

April 8th, 2008 at 7:22 pm

Her comments are too generalized – I hate it when people, especially celebrities talk in absolutes. Some people are very pleased with the fact they had surgery and it makes a huge difference in their lives (myself included). I don’t feel like a fraud, and these statements bother me frankly.

April 9th, 2008 at 7:20 am

You might be missing the message. She is just trying to say, grow old gracefully. You don’t have to have plastic surgery to feel good about yourself.

April 9th, 2008 at 7:41 am

How annoying that SHE gets to have surgery and look younger….but she wants to tell everyone else NOT to!!!

Gee…”I regret looking ten years younger.”

April 9th, 2008 at 8:26 am

You people clearly missed the point. She’s not telling you to not have surgery. She didn’t attack anyone for having it done. I actually watched the show, something the two people commenting here didn’t do. She was giving advise to women from the persective of having gone through it herself. Pleanty of women get this done in the hopes that they will like themselves that their lives will change from the new look. She’s not speaking out her ass considering that’s why she did it herself. Women in America are told they can and should look like the female stars and reality skanks they see on TV. She’s the ONLY celebrity willing to say “hey I’m over 50, they air brushed my face, they shaved off a loud of pounds off of me to appear on the magazine cover.” She’s being honest. But of course the result is being attacked as being “too general” or “she had work done, who is she to talk.”

Why not listen to someone that’s been there rather than attack them for speaking. Grow up and actually learn something.

April 9th, 2008 at 9:57 am

old bitch is just bitter her plastic surgery didn’t turn out the way she wanted, so she doesn’t want anyone else to get it – in case it works out for them. shut up, wrinkled hag.

April 9th, 2008 at 9:58 am

OK her mom and dad were gorgeous, she’s thin and healthy so she can fudge just a smidgen for vanity sake and aging skin droops and look great.. What about all of those out there that need it to even appear attractive, deep wrinkles from working in the sun damage, large noses, no chin etc.. at some time in their life?

April 10th, 2008 at 8:12 am

Forget plastic surgery, she just needs to dye her hair for godssake, it ages her by about 15 years at least! It’s ok for elderly women, but she is still relatively young and it just does not look good at all. She needs a new stylist.

March 4th, 2009 at 10:13 am

I also think shes just bitter because it didnt work for her but not everyone will have complications like she did.

June 29th, 2010 at 1:41 am

where do i opt in to join the email list