Kate Beckinsale and husband goshopping in Beverly Hills, December 22

***SORRY GUYS, I HAD TO REMOVE THE PICS! FIND THEM AT THE SOURCE***

Sunday, December 24th, 2006 at 8:08am
Filed under Kate Beckinsale | 20 Comments

Comments

Comments

December 24th, 2006 at 9:12 am

small girls are always like that… they want to imitate thier mom. nothing wrong with them. i bet it was the first time she was going out with make-up on.

December 24th, 2006 at 11:47 am

theres has been times when my daughter plays dress up and then we go somewhere and she still has makeup on…i dont think its a big deal..and also its not really anyones business but her mom and dads

December 24th, 2006 at 4:30 pm

yeah, I don’t think it’s a big deal, either. If the child were to be always wearing makeup outside the house, that’s a problem. But to wear makeup once in a great while – no big deal. Since they were at saks, maybe the kid had her makeup done? My mother wouldn’t let me wear any heels or makeup until I was 15, but when I was small (5-8ish), she would occasionally let me go nuts and have my makeup done or play dress up and go outside like that. It was always such a treat, to be able to be pretty like my mother (though, with my taste in colours, I’m sure I looked like a whorish pageant kid).
In any case, it’s no big deal so long as it’s a rare occurance.

December 25th, 2006 at 1:01 am

I dont think its bad unless she was always wearing makeup. It seems like dress up fun to me. I like that better than moms who let their little girls run around with words like juicy or sassy across the butt of their pants.

December 25th, 2006 at 7:53 am

Maybe, it’s only because it’s christmas

December 25th, 2006 at 2:55 pm

I agree that the makeup thing is annoying. Also annoying. She’s 7. And I’m pretty sure her legs work. Why is she being carried?

December 25th, 2006 at 5:31 pm

Meg, I completely agree. She is way too old to be carried.

December 26th, 2006 at 7:38 am

Are you guys moms?? I carry my kids frequently and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that…

December 26th, 2006 at 11:45 am

Think this underlines the culture difference between americans and brits…in the UK we’re relaxed about letting our children (boys as well as girls!) experiment with cosmetics. And we’re a pretty tactile nation too, so we’re not ashamed to be seen cuddling our children. As a previous contributor says: are you guys moms? You seem like cold-hearted monsters with zero sense of fun to me!!

December 26th, 2006 at 1:50 pm

Have you ever heard “mommy i’m tired, mommy i’m tired, my legs don’t work” I also carry my kid after a shopping journey. I’d seen more photos of Kate and Lily and she was walking in all of them!!! Aren’t we busy enogh in our lives to spend time talking about what she HAS to DO with HER little girl. I’m sure Lily doesn’t use so much make up daily!!!

December 26th, 2006 at 3:21 pm

The bottom line is the kid is ugly and Kate Beckinsale is BORING BORING BORING

December 26th, 2006 at 4:02 pm

Looks like to me it’s stage make-up, artfully applied. She may have been in a play or recital that day, or going to one later.

December 26th, 2006 at 9:28 pm

i agree with boscosqueen i think maybe she was in a play or suttin OR she just wanted to be like her mum but correct me if im wrong but she aint any of ur daughters is she ! therefor its none of ur business if she lets ur daughter wear makeup or not gees

December 27th, 2006 at 10:37 am

What is with people nowadays? When photos of Ryder Robinson, aged 3, with a pacifier in his mouth and being carried by his mom Kate Hudson, people went crazy! “He’s way to old to wear a pacifier!”, “He’s three years old, he should be able to walk by himself now!”. Come on, you people who say stuff like that can’t possibly have kids! How do you react if a parent hugs his och her child? “They shouldn’t hug him like that in public!”, or what?
Just because Lily is being carried here doesn’t mean she can’t walk or that there’s anything wrong, she was probably just tired or so.

And about the make-up, no I don’t think that young girls should wear make-up on a daily basis, but if they want to play around sometime then who will get harmed?

December 28th, 2006 at 7:56 am

Seriously, to say a kid is ugly? That is harsh! And she is just like any other little girl, wanting to play dress up and with makeup. I have several younger sisters (even younger than Lily) who play with dressup makeup all the time. It’s really not a big deal. As far as being carried, I still do it with my younger siblings too! And Lily is afterall an only child, so of course she’s going to be completely adored.

December 28th, 2006 at 8:31 pm

as for the carrying, if there were paparazzi around, i’d pick up my kid, too. and the makeup is so obviously play or pageant makeup, hardly like it’s an attempt to make her look older or to ‘sexualize” her.

January 4th, 2007 at 5:51 pm

kate is not boring. i would love to meet kate beckinsale in person.

January 16th, 2007 at 7:13 am

make-up should be played with at home! she should be walking she is too old to be carried! she is not an attractive child! she looks like her mother without make-up and touch-ups…
i have three kids and none of them were carried around at the age of seven not even my baby! and whats with kate in a coat and hat and her kid with no coat? kate’s face looks fat. what is she covering up??
i bet that kid is spoiled rotten!!

June 18th, 2007 at 3:24 pm

Does the dude have painted toenails?

June 19th, 2007 at 3:40 pm

I think Kate is one of the most beautiful women in the world, if not the most beautiful. With or without makeup, she breaks the mold. I am luck enough that I don’t need makeup all the time, but I must admit, I do use it, lol!!!