LOST gets a new time slot. You have American Idol to thank for that.

111_1.jpg

ABC is moving Lost out of the path of the American Idol juggernaut and will air it at 10:00 p.m. on Wednesdays when it returns on February 7. Lost had previously aired at 9:00 p.m., an hour that will now be devoted to two new comedy shows, The Nights of Prosperity and In Case of Emergency, which will premiere on January 3. The network has not decided what it will air in the 10:00 p.m. slot until Lost Returns. Day Break, the network’s current fill-in for Lost, has generated dismal ratings. Some analysts are predicting that the newsmagazine Primetime will hold down the fort. Meanwhile, CBS’s Criminal Minds, which managed to eke out a small victory over Lost in the latter show’s last two weeks before its hiatus, registered its strongest numbers yet last week, putting it at third place for the week. CBS further announced that the crime show has been given the prized slot following the Super Bowl on Feb. 4.

Wednesday, December 6th, 2006 at 2:14pm
Filed under LOST | 10 Comments

Comments

Comments

December 6th, 2006 at 2:45 pm

This is seriously the worst thing I have heard all day! I can’t believe this! I will never be able to stay up for it now! Kill me!

Heather">Heather
December 6th, 2006 at 4:20 pm

That sucks. Means I will most likely have to watch it during my sons nap the following day because I just don’t think I can stay up that late. I’m not the stay up all night college girl I used to be doggonit!!! Motherhood just saps the energy out of you as soon as 9:30 hits.

Shelli">
Shelli">Shelli
December 6th, 2006 at 4:53 pm

Ugh!! I never can stay awake past 10pm. Guess I’ll be signing up for DVR or watching the episodes online. I knew I hated American Idol!

December 6th, 2006 at 5:13 pm

This does suck. I’m not one that can go right to sleep after a t.v. show, especially one that gets you thinking like Lost does.

December 6th, 2006 at 6:44 pm

I think Day Break’s rating are dismal because we were all sick of that effing commercial playing over and over and over again. Hey! just like groundhog day for marketing.

December 6th, 2006 at 7:09 pm

noooooooooooo omg so many lost fans are gonna die over this. darn american idol i mean why is it still on? how many talentless wannabes are they gonna chuck out already? lost is the best show on tv if everyone in the world could understand everything lol no one would dare watch american idol. oh well some ppl have brains i guess

February 1st, 2007 at 7:30 am

Why is ABC holding onto ‘Reality’ TV? I thought that was MTV’s realm of insanity. If I want to watch some outtakes of bumbling idiots off the street (American Idol), I’ll turn it over to ‘WGN’ and watch “America’s Funniest Home Videos”. I don’t see any posts up about needing to keep American Idol on at a certain time. I even think people are embarrased to let people know they are frequent viewers of American Idol…they don’t want to be known as “that guy”. Hey ‘ABC’…I know your not the smartest TV station in the world, I mean you’ve given up Monday Night Football (your idiots), try not to mess up LOST.

Rubin Prutzman">Rubin Prutzman
May 6th, 2010 at 4:20 am

I loved the top 5 Idol group song last night. It was a pity to see Aaron Kelly eliminated however I do think the others were better singers hence he needed to go!

Katharyn Croteau">Katharyn Croteau
June 9th, 2010 at 7:16 am

I see American Idol winner Lee has just signed up to RCA records. Cannot wait to get his new album.

Nathan Licciardi">Nathan Licciardi
July 23rd, 2010 at 4:58 am

I think Donald Trump would be a much better American Idol judge compared with Harry Connick Jr. – Trump is not afraid to express what he thinks and can be as outspoken as Simon Cowell.