Johnny Depp is scaring his longterm partner.

apmarkjterrill_deppvanessa3.jpg

Johnny Depp is terrifying his longterm partner Vanessa Paradis by going to extreme lengths to get into his new role as Demon Barber Sweeney Todd.

Depp starts rehearsals for the film adaptation of Stephen’s Sondheim musical in London next month, but he’s preparing for the part already by slitting imaginary throats to the soundtrack of Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) – the 13th century Latin Hymn traditionally used in the Roman Catholic Requiem Mass.

A source tells British newspaper the Daily Express, “Johnny is always very conscientious in his roles. Now he says he has to get into the mind set of a serial killer. He wants to feel adept with the razor blades, to feel as if they were an extension of his arm.

“But he’s terrifying everyone by walking around his home booming out the song – making an arc with his arm when he slits a person’s throat. “Sweeney calls his razors his ‘friends’ and in this song the Demon Barber pours out his love to his blades.”

Friday, December 1st, 2006 at 2:14pm
Filed under Johnny Depp | 7 Comments

Comments

Comments

December 1st, 2006 at 3:11 pm

I can’t wait for this movie!

December 1st, 2006 at 5:56 pm

she better get over it.. hello??? her husband to be is JOHNNY DEPP — BTW, I’m sure this movie, like all his others, will be GREAT!!!!

December 2nd, 2006 at 5:25 am

GARGH. I wish he would clean up his beard and brush his hair. Actually this applies to ALL current male stars :P
hehe. Johnny pulls it off better than any of the others though. He never really appealed to me after I found out he was a chain smoker though… phew.

December 2nd, 2006 at 7:54 pm

This goss tidbit is probably nonsense. The man’s getting into character. She is an actor, too. I’m sure she of all people can understand his current behavior. It’s not like he’s gonna be throwing on a bunny suit and skipping through flowers. This is Sweeney Todd after all. And, I for one would like to see it when it gets out. I think it’s going be very interesting.

December 2nd, 2006 at 9:37 pm

Good grief I am sure that it takes a lot to be someone else and especially when it is after a true story. Vanessa must accept that he is role playing and remember the man she makes it with in the bedroom-Johnny Depp the ONE AND ONLT!

Steve">
Steve">Steve
December 15th, 2008 at 7:24 pm

Any ideas on what kind of body piercings Sweeney Todd had, or the tattoo it’ll inspire Johnny Depp to get this time?

Vernon Kozloski">Vernon Kozloski
January 22nd, 2011 at 4:42 am

I really enjoy looking through on this website , it has fantastic articles .